Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-13-2011, 04:00 PM   #1 
Petunia87

Betta won't eat

I have had her for about 11 months with no problems. I have not changed anything but the last few feedings she has been taking her pellets and spitting them out. This happened about 4 or 5 times and I finally removed her food. She is acting very normal with the exception of not wanting to eat She normally gobbles her food right up and then begs me for more. I offered some blood worms and she ate those she just won't eat any normal food. I bought a fresh thing of food thinking that may be the problem but it she won't eat that either and a different brand but same problem. Please help I don't know what else to do. Thanks

Housing
What size is your tank? 5 gallon
What temperature is your tank? 80 degrees
Does your tank have a filter? yes
Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration? no
Is your tank heated? yes
What tank mates does your betta fish live with? she’s the only fish in there

Food
What type of food do you feed your betta fish? Top Fin Color Enhancing Betta Bits (5 days a week 3 in the am and 3 in the pm) and Freeze Dried Blood Worms (1-2 every other week on Sundays) & 1 day of the week she fasts

Maintenance
How often do you perform a water change? Once a week
What percentage of the water do you change when you perform a water change?
35% once a week and 50% every other week with a tank clean
What type of additives do you add to the water when you perform a water change? Top Fin Betta Water Conditioner

Symptoms and Treatment
How has your betta fish's appearance changed? No change noted.
How has your betta fish's behavior changed? Last week she started spitting out her food. I fasted her for two days and then she ate normally for about a day and a half. Yesterday morning she went back to not wanting to eat. I tried giving her 2 bloodworms to see if she would eat those and she gobbled them right down. I thought maybe it was because her food is about a year old so I got her some fresh new food today (same kind) but she still won't eat it. I also tried another brand but she won't eat that either.
All other behaviors are normal.

When did you start noticing the symptoms? About 4 days ago

Have you started treating your fish? If so, how? She fasted for 2 days and I did a 50% water change

Does your fish have any history of being ill? no

How old is your fish (approximately)? 1 year
Petunia87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 04:20 PM   #2 
moniibettalover

hi, i would advise to just keep giving her the normal food everyday and just scooping it up after 10 minutes if she doesnt eat and maybe she'll start eating . She wont starve , i had a betta not eating for a week before . Does she show any signs of being ill or sick? Any signs of fin rot ?x
moniibettalover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 04:25 PM   #3 
Petunia87

No signs of being ill or fin rot. She looks perfectly normal and is her happy self just not being a pig like normal.
Petunia87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 04:35 PM   #4 
moniibettalover

she's propably just putting up a fight so you give her more blood worms lol. As i said , keep giving her the normal food and she'll be fine:)
moniibettalover is offline   Reply With Quote