Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-12-2011, 10:57 PM   #11 
Pekemom

Quote:
They really need to have a transhipper feedback form on aquabid, or something, so people can make educated choices about who to use...
Great idea - is there a way you can make this sugggestion, just as sellers are rated on ebay...
Pekemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 07:23 AM   #12 
smellsfishie

I will look into it. I got my fish yesterday... thank goodness she was alive! The transhipper packed her so horribly, it was probably a very rough ride... :( She was SO stressed, and flipping out inside the bag... I tested her bag water and the nitrites were high... So I just started slowly acclimating her. She is still in the bag, but hopefully I will have her ready by this afternoon to go into her tank. She was breathing SO hard last night, even when she was totally still and no one was bothering her. I have kept the lights off to try to help.. and added plenty of stress coat to the water... She seems happier today, and like she wants out of the bag.... :) but what an ordeal!
smellsfishie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 03:26 PM   #13 
PitGurl

I'm glad she arrived safe. Is this the marble female? We want pics! Go with Jennifer from now on.
PitGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 05:32 PM   #14 
smellsfishie

Yes it is the little marble with the yellow spot on her head :) I named her eggitha or eggie for short cause she looks like an egg dropped on top of her head. I will post pics sometime soon :) I still have not seen her with the light on myself. Haha
Old 05-15-2011, 05:50 PM   #15 
nowzem

Awww I just love that little fem! :) I am having my first betta shipped from Thailand in the next weeks. I'm a little nervous! I'm using Jennifer, but I'm worried the little girl won't make it or that it won't be the one I ordered, etc etc etc :) There's too many cool bettas :)

Shipping fish basically sucks...but the bettas are more than worth it when everything goes smoothly (not dead/right fish, etc)
nowzem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 06:41 PM   #16 
smellsfishie

Well you are definitely on the right track by NOT choosing my last transhipper.. who by the way, is KEVIN in NY! Don't ever ever ever ever ask for him. He's horrible. But that aside, how exciting you are getting your betta from thailand soon! Can we see a pic?
Old 05-16-2011, 07:13 PM   #17 
SashimiBetta

Sorry to hear. Maybe he/she is trying to make you pay overprice? I don't know..But good luck, I hope everything goes well and you get your fish!
SashimiBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 04:06 AM   #18 
StarSpun

Location: Toronto, Canada for the warm months, on an RV somewhere warm during the cold ones!
Congrats on your new fishy!
I always use Jennifer. She is wonderful!
StarSpun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 09:30 AM   #19 
nowzem

I am SO excited. My little piggy-nose should get here this coming week! I think she's the cutest little girl EVER! :)

The seller was really awesome because the auction closed before I could afford her and he held her for me for like 2 weeks until I got paid again! (It's Sutee, I love his bettas).
Attached Images

nowzem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 05:14 PM   #20 
smellsfishie

Wow she is a looker! :) I remember you posting about her before. Yaaaay! I'm glad you are getting her.are you naming her miss piggy? Lol