Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-21-2011, 06:34 PM   #21 
nowzem

LOL I dunno yet...Yeah, I posted her in the thread about Eggie :))) Miss Piggy might just be her name! I wonder if she'll change...? :) I'll post more pics when she arrives! She's shipping from Thailand on Monday (I'll have to try not to think about her too much haha) so I'll probably have her either Thursday or Friday, barring disaster!
nowzem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 07:31 PM   #22 
smellsfishie

Hehehe :) the stress of shipping a fish is almost as bad on us as it is on the fish. Ha! Especially with inefficient transhippers. :P is she crowntail? Her dorsal (I think?) fin looks spikey. She is kinda tough looking like a biker chick. ;)
smellsfishie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 07:46 PM   #23 
nowzem

I know! <3. I love her :) Well, she was listed as a HMPK...but I've discovered that a lot of the sellers (usually US) just list them as whatever they want because its harder to tell with females.
Old 05-21-2011, 11:28 PM   #24 
smellsfishie

hmm... both my girls were listed as HMPK too. I wonder if they really are? Lula has pretty short fins so I could believe it... but Eggie has kinda long fins... so, maybeeeeeee she is just halfmoon? :P
Old 05-22-2011, 09:52 AM   #25 
nowzem

I think its SO hard to tell! I noticed a couple of HMPK's listed that have long fins, but they arent quite long enough to be a different variety! Looking at the HM fem's online from Thailand...I don't think any of the girls I bought that were listed as HMs actually are! I bought them before I really could tell the difference in females. :P
You gotta post pics of Eggie!! Do you have pics of your bettas somewhere? I'd love to see them!
Old 05-22-2011, 01:16 PM   #26 
smellsfishie

I do, I do... I forget which thread :/ OH, I posted pics of her on the thread that pitgurl started...... errrrrr.............................. oh heck I will just repost them here. LOL! And pics of "all" my bettas (except a few I don't have pics of) are on my profile. :D

EGGIE!!!!!!

Old 05-22-2011, 03:07 PM   #27 
nowzem

OMGosh. She is sooo beautiful! :) I'm jealous but glad I can see pics of her and maybe have an opportunity of having a baby heehee :)

Do you think you really might breed her? She is a FABULOUS match for that Ninebettas guy!
Old 05-22-2011, 03:19 PM   #28 
smellsfishie

I am going to give it a whirl :P I didn't pay nearly $70 for her just to stare at her :P hahaha j/k.... but yeah, I plan to try breeding her and my other girlie Lula to the ninebettas guy if I win him. :B
Old 05-22-2011, 03:30 PM   #29 
nowzem

YAY! I can't wait! <3
Old 05-23-2011, 10:19 AM   #30 
nowzem

My seller just emailed me to say that he wont be able to ship Miss Piggy because he got in a car accident. The next shipment isn't till like June 6th or something :( I'm pretty bummed!