Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-12-2011, 10:28 PM   #1 
Punki

Sterilite showoff containers

Does anyone have fish in these currently? Id like to see pictures of how clear and nice looking one of these could be, im thinking about getting one to help a betta out but i dont want it to look cloudy or bad, im just curious how they actually look :)
Punki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 10:37 PM   #2 
DarkMoon17

Are you talking about the tupperware containers? If so, those aren't very clear... Not for photos anyway.
DarkMoon17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 10:42 PM   #3 
Punki

They are used by a few on here i saw when i searched, but i didnt see any pictures, i read that they are clear but i wonder if its really CLEAR or still a fuzzy white clear
I was looking to buy one like this but the one im looking at would hold 5 gallons, they are pretty cheap and look suitable for a filter/heater as well.

Old 05-12-2011, 10:45 PM   #4 
bettafish15

Be careful with some containers, as I heard that some non-name brand kinds can be toxic to fish. the Sterilite brand, though not completely clear, seems to be the safest. If you want something cheap, and totally clear, Kritter Keepers are very cheap and come in 5 gallons. :)
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 10:51 PM   #5 
Punki

Yeah, i was a bit worried about that, this would be namebrand and ive read of it being successful for others shortterm. I ran across some smaller Sterilite showoff storage containers at the store nearby but i couldnt tell how clear the "Showoff" type was compared to the normal clear storage containers. My sisters boyfriend bought a female betta on impulse in a 1/4 gallon glass ball "Betta tank" and after hearing what it NEEDS they dont want it so i just wanted to take it, but i dont have a spare tank and i just bought a 3gal for my male so i cant go buy another just yet. Its currently in this

1.8L.. =/

Last edited by Punki; 05-12-2011 at 11:01 PM.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:29 PM   #6 
JKfish

I use sterlite tubs as my qt and hostipal tanks.... I actually just lost a 4 gallon one.... how I lost something so large is beyond me XD. It didn't cost much, and I keep them bare bottomed (easier cleaning) with just a heater and a hide out. Since what you are doing is a temporary tank, I wouldn't worry too much about decor and stuff. The sides were pretty clear, definately not glass clear, but clear.
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 11:50 PM   #7 
Pekemom

Nice of you, Punki, to take the unwanted betta. I'm sure he'll be very happy!!
Pekemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 01:41 AM   #8 
Punki

Thanks, they were going to take her back but im not quite sure what petsmart would do to a fish thats returned and i dont want her killed or anything. I have some extra decorations, well enough to give her a hidespot and a small plant. Ill probobly be in a better position to spoil her alittle in June, ive pretty much used all my extra cash on my own betta this last few months. :))
I will probably check out the kritter keepers as well next week, Maybe ill wait a week and just do that as it may end up being her permanent home. It wont be as nice as my Males tank but its better then the little bowl shes in now, and i dont mind water changes as much as the fish seem to (That scary net)My sister can just return that tank lol. Still not positive that ill end up with her my sisters deciding weather to buy a 1gal+ tank and do the water changes or just give her up. My sisters VERY busy with college/work so i dont blame her on this lol :)
If anyone does have any pics of their bettas setup in either a kritter keeper or a sterilite showoff tube id love to see it for ideas. Id also like to do the water changes all that the same time and my current fishy gets a 50% then 3 days later a 75% then 3 days later, another 50 ectect but she wont have a filter for now so i need to figure out how many gallons is safe for her alone so that i could do her water changes safely every 3 days, i know 1gallon is every day or every other day. 3-5 gallon unfiltered would be?