Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-09-2011, 02:54 AM   #1 
bahamut285

Exclamation Betta fish/Goldfish NEWS ARTICLE <Finished>

Good Evening (err...night...maybe morning?) Everybody!

I'm not sure if many people have seen sjones' post about creating a Betta Care Sheet: http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=69846, but I was considering writing a news article to go on deviantArt's website.

There are just so many photos of goldfish and betta fish living in absolutely putrid conditions, people taking photos, and people ignoring the fact that the fish is in a filthy bowl and instead go: "OHH THE COLOURS, I LOVE THE FOCUS ON THIS PICTURE!"

The people who DO care, speak up, and get immediately shut down by flamers or die-hard fans of the artist.

I haven't posted it to deviantArt yet, because I want you guys to look at it first. Please let me know if there is anything you want to add to or subtract from it. I am definitely open to suggestions because I don't feel that this is as inspiring as my other articles, because it was a little...vent-like. It looks like I ranted so please help me fix it up a little >_<.

Here is a link to the article, it's on a website called shortText.com, but it's from me, don't worry! http://shortText.com/uerdu7e76

Again, comments AND CRITIQUES are very welcome. I understand fully that I am not the best writer, XD
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 03:12 AM   #2 
Arashi Takamine

This is beautiful...I would also put some recommendations and link to what are considered ideal tanks for betta's like an actual tank instead of a little cup.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 03:28 AM   #3 
copperarabian

That's a fantastic article! You should definitely post it on dA. I love my fish and try to give them the best care I can, and I wish everyone would do that O.O
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 03:40 AM   #4 
bahamut285

@Arashi: Thank you for your input! I would have loved to put links but generally putting "outside links" is considered "bad form" when writing an article for dA. They had a couple of virus/spam problems in the past.

@Copper: Thank you so much, I appreciate your words! I also love my fish, which is why it pains me when other fish were not lucky enough to fall into our hands :(
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:28 AM   #5 
newarkhiphop

Great article, i think the "betta" section you got there would be a great starting place for us to build on for the Betta Care Sheet
newarkhiphop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:39 AM   #6 
JKfish

Bahamut, once you go post it onto DA, I'd like the link. It's wonderfully written, and I'll definately be spreading it to other friends!
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:58 AM   #7 
DarkMoon17

I love what you are doing with that article. If it helps, I already have a betta care sheet on DeviantArt. It's a bit old so there are a number of things I've learned recently that I need to address/fix in it but it's ok overall. I have already contacted DA about fixing the "Keeping male and female betta together" section since it is based on old information and I can't believe I wrote that >.> It could really just use a good fix but you have to contact DA moderators to fix errors in journals so it is a real pain.
http://news.deviantart.com/article/108983/

Edit: Seems I also need to fix the water change and heating sections... I haven't looked at this thing in forever... It really needs an update.

Last edited by DarkMoon17; 05-09-2011 at 10:01 AM.
DarkMoon17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:06 AM   #8 
newarkhiphop

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMoon17 View Post
I love what you are doing with that article. If it helps, I already have a betta care sheet on DeviantArt. It's a bit old so there are a number of things I've learned recently that I need to address/fix in it but it's ok overall. I have already contacted DA about fixing the "Keeping male and female betta together" section since it is based on old information and I can't believe I wrote that >.> It could really just use a good fix but you have to contact DA moderators to fix errors in journals so it is a real pain.
http://news.deviantart.com/article/108983/

Edit: Seems I also need to fix the water change and heating sections... I haven't looked at this thing in forever... It really needs an update.

Thats probably the best article on betta care ive seen yet
newarkhiphop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:13 AM   #9 
DarkMoon17

Thank you! I realize there are a lot of things that need fixing. I wrote this awhile back and it needs some TLC. Any suggustions would be great. Once school gets out this Thursday I can contact DA with things that need fixing.

For people on DeviantArt, I cofounded a betta group there in reaction to the horrid conditions we see bettas in everyday. We only allow pictures of bettas in 2.5+gal heated aquariums and do our best to educate and help betta owners on DA http://betta-fish-fan-club.deviantart.com/ <--I'm DarkMoon17 on DA too (the black pegasus). Feel free to join :)

Last edited by DarkMoon17; 05-09-2011 at 10:25 AM.
DarkMoon17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:34 PM   #10 
Luimeril

why.... can't i.... '+1' that?! it's amazing! it states EVERYTHING i believe, and then some! :O
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote