Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-13-2011, 01:21 AM   #1 
2OH6NESS

Divider question

Anyone know how is the topfin divider? Should I make one instead out of plastic mesh? Solutions to flaring problem due to seeing each other?

Oh and here's a cool picture of my betta sleeping on the heater and there are alot of bubbles on the surface lol he must love it. Don't mind the thermo it's at 78 now

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/...S/242e1b28.jpg
2OH6NESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 02:18 AM   #2 
Twilight Storm

I have the Topfin divider. I have not made any myself, I am not sure what I would need to do that.

The biggest problem I am having right now is how to get it to stay put in my 10 gal. tank. It comes with two hooks that are supposed to hook on the outside of the top, but this blocks my hood from going on securely. The only other option I see to securing it would be to use aquarium sealant to glue it to the tank. I am kind of scared to do this because i don't know if I will be able to get it off the tank if I take out or move the divider.
Twilight Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 02:57 AM   #3 
CyerRyn

I've used both home-made and the topfin. All I gotta say is I LOVE the home-made better than the premade. I can size it the way I want it to so my tank covers go on and you can customize it with different colors (preferably darker colors just because it makes it a little harder for the boys to see each other). It's simple to make too, but I use a dab of hot-glue on the top to kinda hold it in place (not in the water not sure if theres any harmful chemicals in hot glue plus I heard it doesn't hold well anyway) Not sure if it really even needs the hot glue, I just use it as an added precaution. There's a guide on how to make them but not sure where I seen it. Maybe if you do a search it'll pop up. :o
CyerRyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 04:07 AM   #4 
2OH6NESS

Twilightstorm & cyerryn- thanks for the info you guys I guess ima go with making one since cyer stated that using a darker color would be better since I wouldn't want them to flare it out.

So I'm guessing the top fin one is see through?
2OH6NESS is offline   Reply With Quote