Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-12-2011, 09:48 AM   #1 
Ariel1719

My mom wanted a fish.... what?!

Yep you herd! My mom and I went to see a movie together on tuesday night (African cats... sooo goood!) and she made us go into Pier 1.. thats fine cuz I made her go into big al's with me :) I have been trying to not go or buy any fish from big als... at least from their last shipment because the three that I did buy... died within 2 weeks of getting them. Anyway so we go in the back and we were actually just going to look at Chichlids (sp?) but the girl who I always see there said oh we got new betta's in 2 hours ago!! I thought wow two hours ago.. a new shipment.. brand new.. lets just go look. They had SOO many nice ones. OMG. Salamanders, Butterfly's a few MG.. ALL HM!! The one my MOM actually loved was a platinum white HM. There were a few all white ones but some of them had a pink wash to them... some with more pink then others but this guy was PURE white. I couldn't get him then though because we were on our way to the movie and all I would have for him was a 1/2gal container...So i put him and another guy on hold because I couldn't pick. My mom said we would be back tomorrow which is odd as she never wants to go in with me! ANYWAY, next day I go to petsmart get some gravel/plants/2.5gal minibow and then we go to big al's. Chose the all white guy and brought him home! I get to my room to set up the 4th minibow and I realize I have NO more plugs! every electric outlet that I have already has a power bar... all fillied. So my mom actually said ' well why don't you put him in my room?' WOW my mom has never been into a fish so much.. let alone ask for him in her room! So new guy is home. Never had an all white betta... I hope he lives and isn't like the others :@ He is in a heated filtered 2.5 mini bow. My mom has been calling him Tee. I have been calling him TommyTee. So TommyTee it is... Tee for short :)

Ariel1719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 10:34 AM   #2 
Bettaluver4evr

WOW! He is soooo gorgeous. :) I love the tank decor too! If I were you though, just a suggestion: I would take out some of the gravel, because there is a lot. :) Just a suggestion! But it would give him a bit more freedom for swimming. He's really beautiful. :)
Bettaluver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 10:43 AM   #3 
fleetfish

I've gotta resist temptation .... If I hadn't scooped up a beautiful pink VT boy yesterday I might go for kicks. Your (your mum's!) new guy is fantastic! I'm sure he'll be okay. I have four from big al's and they are thriving.
fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 10:52 AM   #4 
Ariel1719

Okay cool! that is reassuring. Maybe I just chose the bad ones... LOL I really wanna check out the one on Innes after their shipment too cuz i REALLY wanna PK! But I have no more possible room for them! lol.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:04 AM   #5 
chelsmarie23

He is beautimous!
chelsmarie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 01:01 PM   #6 
Jupiter

He is gorgeous.

Oh man, guess where I'm going today? It's sort of a blessing and a curse that I recently moved within walking distance of said Big Al's...
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 01:16 PM   #7 
Tisia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel1719 View Post
Okay cool! that is reassuring. Maybe I just chose the bad ones... LOL I really wanna check out the one on Innes after their shipment too cuz i REALLY wanna PK! But I have no more possible room for them! lol.
maybe your mom has room for more >_> lol
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 03:53 PM   #8 
Arashi Takamine

He is beautiful! Congrats to you AND your mom. I love his coloring he's just gorgeous!
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 06:02 PM   #9 
Jupiter

OMG, you weren't kidding. They had the nicest bettas there. Sooo many white ones...
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 08:39 PM   #10 
Ariel1719

Told ya!!! AMAZINGGGG. Did you end up getting any?!! Lol My mom loves him! She called me at work to tell me she thought he was dead.. but he was just sleeping! Lol