Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-13-2011, 08:26 PM   #1 
PitGurl

So frustrated...

My new 6.6 gallon has been nothing but a pain in the butt. I just went in my room to check on the minions and noticed the divider looked strange. I put my finger in the tank and pushed on the mesh and the whole thing moved! The stupid silicone came unglued from the divider and now it's just sitting there! My tank is all set up and currentlly cycling and the only way to fix it is to take the whole thing apart so I can reglue the divider. The gravel is sort of holding it in place, I don't think it will fall over. I don't know what to do. Errr!
PitGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 08:58 PM   #2 
Spanger

can you put the water and filter in a bucket or other container while you do it so you dont completely have to re-start the cycle?

I'd fix it now rather than later :D
Spanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 08:58 PM   #3 
BlueHaven

Is there any part of the divider that is out of the water, but still inside the aquarium?
You could reglue that part and just add more gravel and rocks around the end of it, so it would be well supported.
BlueHaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 09:05 PM   #4 
PitGurl

The whole thing is pretty much in the water, just a little bit sticking out at the top. It's going to have to wait though cuz I've got a cold and feel like poo. I've also have to get up at 4:30 in the am for work. I think it will be ok for a little while.
PitGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 09:15 PM   #5 
CyerRyn

You could always siphon a little bit of the water out so that more of the top of the mesh is exposed and glue the top.. wait for it to dry then re-add the water back. I only glue the top part (that's out of the water) with hot glue so that if I need to take them out I can with ease. That + gravel against the divider, my boys haven't been able to move them at all and the water doesn't budge it. Just a suggestion. Good luck ^_^
CyerRyn is offline   Reply With Quote