Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-14-2011, 07:29 AM   #1 
Harley

Question How long does IAL last?

So my IAL finally arrived from Thailand on Wednesday via airmail and I've used some but I'm wondering if it can go bad and how long it would take? They sent 25 and I'm sure it would take a while to use them all. They were shipped in a big ziplock bag. Should I maybe freeze them or is just keeping them in the bag ok?
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 05:15 AM   #2 
Thunderloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
So my IAL finally arrived from Thailand on Wednesday via airmail and I've used some but I'm wondering if it can go bad and how long it would take? They sent 25 and I'm sure it would take a while to use them all. They were shipped in a big ziplock bag. Should I maybe freeze them or is just keeping them in the bag ok?

Erm... at a complete loss for acronym here. OH, almond leaves. They should have a small silica dessicant packet in with them, one of those "do not eat" things. If so just seal it back up and keep it in a cool-dry place away from light in the house. If not you can fold a paper envelope from notebook paper and put some salt (aquarium or table) inside and tape it shut with scotch tape and stick it in the bag with the leaves. Don't use perfumed stationary or newsprint/magazine paper, they contain toxins that will hurt the fish and the leaves. Generally they will be fine in that bag wherever your spice-rack is located.

Last edited by Thunderloon; 05-15-2011 at 05:19 AM.
Thunderloon is offline   Reply With Quote