Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-15-2011, 03:52 PM   #11 
Bettaluver4evr

My brother got one and named it Spike. I, on the other hand, was not allowed to get one. I did get a mystery snail though! Now it's name is Fluffy. Is it normal for them not to move around much at first? But he is in the minibow. :) But I found a 10 gallon in the shed today, I was wondering if any lil critters or reptiles could go in there? :) I just cleaned off my dresser and desk, so I have plenty of room for it if my dad lets me get something. :)
Bettaluver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 03:54 PM   #12 
laughing

I, personally, love gerbils & rats! Or you can get a smaller type of snake if you're into those. Maybe some frogs? Or a tortoise? Smaller species of turtle? Or spiders. A lot of geckos & lizards would work, too!

The possibilities are endless! C:
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 04:33 PM   #13 
Bettaluver4evr

Oh no, pleeeease no! Spiders? Eeeek! I have really, really bad arachnaphobia. I could not keep a spider. Eeeeek! LOL. The idea is just maddenning to my terrified little brain. ;) I really want a leopard gecko! But I don't think I am allowed. I think I might just line the tank with paper towels and a few hidey holes, get a UV light, and go outside and catch a green anole. :) They are all over the place here! And they can live a pretty long time, apparently. I'd have all of the supplies for one. I just have to ask my daddyo. Or a frog would be fun too! We see tree frogs too, they can be pretty hard to catch! :P Oh well, I hope I can get something. :)
Old 05-15-2011, 05:18 PM   #14 
laughing

I looove frogs!

In 3rd grade we kept Fire Belly Toads, if you're interested? They're really neat creatures.

Or hermit crabs :3

That'd be awesome to CATCH your pet! LOL
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 05:29 PM   #15 
Bettaluver4evr

Hehe! Frogs are soooo cute. :) Are they hard to care for? And I used to have a Hermit crab! Soooo cool. My bro had a white one (not the shell, the actual hermit crab was whiiiiite!) was named Ghost, my other bro had one named Baby Cakes, and mine was named Mariah. I don't know why! :) They were fun, lived quite a while.
Old 05-15-2011, 06:37 PM   #16 
Abby

Just take into consideration their food needs. and warn ur bro when they bite they tend to latch on.
Ive raised plenty and been bitten too many times

Rats are great pets they usually only live to about 3 but my best one was 8 when he had to be put down with a tumor. and he was HUGE.
PLUS they are great neck warmers, i have waist length hair, a pro and con, pro: rats love to hide, con: rats get tangled easily
you can also get harness's for them

Ferrets are good and funny as hell too.
again they can be walked on a leash and harness.
Mice are ok for young kids but are too small to be much amusement for me lol plus they are more fragile. one of my mice was being held by my little sister once and it ran up her sleeve and she automatically tightened her elbow (brough her fist to her shoulder bending the elbow) and squashed my baby and killed it :(

Rodents (ferrets rats mice gerbils etc) need their bedding changed daily-every second day due to the smell that will begin to emerge otherwise.

reptiles:
Blue tongue or pink tongue (same animal different type)
are a great pet, smooth skin like the snakes they bite like any lizard but are very....easy going.
we have hand raised a litter and eventually had them trained to eat via tweezers, a ball of mince meat coated in egg mmmm

but let us all know how u go :)
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 06:49 PM   #17 
Bettaluver4evr

I had two rats a few years ago, and my brother had one. His was bred to be snake food, but he saw her and wanted her, so he got one. A few months later, Snowball, the pretty albino girl, was looking kinda lonely. So I brought home my girl Squeakers. She was so sweet! But she died in a little less than a year of pneumonia. Got another one named Sandy, because she was tan and white with brown eyes, the sweetest girl! But after a year and a half, Snowball died (3 years :)) and Sandy got depressed. She got pneumonia too, and had to be put to sleep. I'd love another rat! But I think I am going to go in the lizard direction. :) I'd really love a gecko! But I think I'll try for a green anole, because we have them all over the place and I think they will be fairly easy to care for. Abby, I will let him know! But so far, Spike is a very sweet Beardie. He is exploring (though no food eaten yet, got him some live baby crickets) and he loves to just sit and stare at you. And I think he likes me most, when I come in the room he scurries over to the front of the tank.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:31 AM   #18 
wallywestisthebest333

DFHJSKA:FDLKJDSKL:SDKIJ

THAT'S SO CUTE I DON'T EVEN!!!!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

I LOVE BEARDED DRAGNOS!!!! AND YES THE ALLCAPS IS NECESSARY!!!! 8D

My fifth grade teacher (whom I ADORED) had a male and female bearded dragon duo. She kept the female at school! =] She got to run around the class room and we go to pet and feed her and we even drew her and her mate for art class one day! <3 It was so fun and I loved her so much! <3

It's so totally cool that you're getting one! :D <3
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:59 AM   #19 
Bettaluver4evr

Awwww! That is so adorable! :D Well, Spike Fluffy Dragon is his full name now. :) My brother said we can split him, 50/50. :) He is eating well, 5 crickets in 2 mornings. He looks sooooo tiny in his 50 gallon! I don't even know if he is 3 months old yet, he is like 6" long total including his tail. :) Funny thing already, whenever I walk in the room he scurries to the front of the tank and just stares at me, and his eyes follow me around the room! :)
Old 05-17-2011, 10:41 AM   #20 
Veronica

LOVE the name!
Veronica is offline   Reply With Quote