Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-17-2011, 11:47 AM   #21 
Splendid Veil

When the settles in, he will be eating more than 5 crickets a day!
my guy eats up to 30 almost 40 depending on how hungry he is. and hes growing big!
its better when theyre adults because theyre food becomes mostly vegetables.
and its easier on the wallet. :) cant wait to see pictures
Splendid Veil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 12:23 PM   #22 
Bettaluver4evr

Whoa! That's a ton! Well I will definitely post some pictures for you guys today. :) He's sprawled out on his heating pad right now, it's quite funny. ;)
Bettaluver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 01:43 PM   #23 
Bettaluver4evr

Snapped some Pics!

I took some pics for you guys. :) I'd like to introduce Spike Fluffy Dragon. LOL. Yes, my bro let me give the middle name. I hope you like the cute baby dragon. :) I wish I could get my own, but alas! I can't get any more animals. ;/ But in my room I have my two fishies. :) Okay, so we don't know if Spikey Fluff is a boy or a girl, do young girls puff out their throats? I know beardies do that, I saw Spike do it this morning, but do girls do it too? S/he is too young to ID. ;)
Attached Images

Old 05-17-2011, 06:08 PM   #24 
Splendid Veil

Cute dragon. i would like to give you some advice though.
a dragon that small can suffer from impaction because of the sand.
so id really switch it out for paper towel. or repti carpet (although some people use tile) Another thing is that they should be recieving heat through their backs. and the temperature should be around 95-100 degrees at the basking spot. hence the use of heat lamps. and uvb bulb is a must. dr.fosters and smith sells them for around 20.00 and i suggest the zoomed reptisun 5.0, a great site to go to is Beardeddragon.org they have a great forum if you need help. and have a great care sheet also. many people sell feeders here. so its great if you want to change things up. i really hope this helps. and im not trying to chew you out. just some tips. i learned the hard way and almost lost my first dragon due to poor husbandry. and i dont want that to happen to you. other than that. its a great setup, nice size. but i would also fill it more with driftwood and some plants :)
Old 05-17-2011, 08:46 PM   #25 
Bettaluver4evr

Hey! Oh my gosh, the sand is my biggest peeve. I did tons of research, I told my dad and bro about the sand, but when we went to petco I missed part of the supply buying. Apparently there was some lady in the isle that said dragons are fine with sand, so my dad bought it. I told him not to put in and to return it, but he's like "He'll be fine." But I'm convincing my bro, so hopefully soon that is coming out. We are getting some driftwood very soon! There is an undertank heat pad that is about 98-100 degrees, and just today we got a heat basking lamp and UV light lamp. Lol! Thank you though. :)
Old 05-18-2011, 06:24 AM   #26 
Splendid Veil

No problem ;) just want to make sure you dragon does well.
update frequently! i love seeing beardies. ill make a thread sometime today on my beardie as well :)
Old 05-18-2011, 08:38 AM   #27 
Littlebittyfish

aaaaw<3 so cute!
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:00 AM   #28 
Bettaluver4evr

Yay! :) Thanks. I love lil Spikey Fluff. :P That's my nickname for him now. Or just Fluffy. But my bro hates that! He ate 5 crickets yesterday, so this morning he gets the same amount for breakfast. ;) I'll get some more pics soon if you want some. :)
Old 05-18-2011, 11:21 AM   #29 
Soarjet

Oh he is so cute!! I have always wanted one but feeding it crickets just freaks me out!! if it just ate veggies all the time then it would be perfect!!
Soarjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:25 AM   #30 
Ethan

I have a chameleon they eat a LOT! of crickets and mealworms. Actually I almost spend all of my allowance on crickets $5 a week.........only $30 remaining ,but hey its ok responsibility comes first.

goodluck on your beardie,
Ethan
Ethan is offline   Reply With Quote