Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-15-2011, 10:05 AM   #1 
Larsa

Spectrum® pellet food?

I would like some info on the pellet food brand Spectrum for bettas. It looks like a good brand and I would like to know if its effective and worth the price or if its just like every other brand. Also, any perfered betta food brands? Im using Hikari pellet food and bloodworms but I wanna spoil my water babies more : 3
Larsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 07:39 PM   #2 
Lion Mom

I use New Life Spectrum Growth Formula for my bettas rather than the Betta Formula & LOVE it - so do my boys!!! :)

It has 50% protein, 9% fat and pellets are TINY so they float longer than the betta forumal & nobody has any trouble eating them!!

Hope that helps!
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 10:03 PM   #3 
Larsa

YAY finally an answer!! Sounds like a good brand then : D I will pick some up next time we go Petco or Petsmart. Thank you very much! I guess the 50% protien is good then?

My babies really like the Hikari Betta-Bio Gold® but it only has 38% crude protien and 3% fiber, however, I have noticed a color brilliance change since I got them : 3

Last edited by Larsa; 05-15-2011 at 10:08 PM.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:21 PM   #4 
Twilight Storm

I use New Life Spectrum Betta Formula, it's listed as a min of 37% protein, but my guys like it. (I can't get the growth formula here.) I also have a container of Aqueon Betta pellets, and Hikari Betta Bio-Gold pellets. I feed Hikari the least since wheat is the main ingredient, but I switch em up so they get different food every day. Plus frozen bloodworms once a week as a treat.
Twilight Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 02:46 AM   #5 
Larsa

I also feed bloodworms once a week to my water babies! Every Friday is Bloodworm Friday at my place! ^.^ haha I think most of us have Aqueon pellets ( from the 2.5 gal tank kit at the Petco sale!) heehee I have enough of those...thats for sure : /

Will all the yeast and wheat in Hikari Gold make my bettas fat!? They have gained weight... and I feed only one pellet a day and wednesday I dont fed em so im not over feeding.