Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-25-2011, 12:55 PM   #1 
carzz

Exclamation Dilemma.... about a un-purchased fish.

Okay, so at Walmart, there is a young crowntail male there. He has been there for several months. And I honestly don't think they've cleaned his cup at all...
But he is black, and his top fin has a little red, bottom fin a little blue. VERY SMALL.

But I think he has ick and a bunch of stuff, and my heart breaks everytime I see him. No living thing should have to go through this....

So, I feel like I need to buy him. Save him, ya know? But at the same time, I just lost a fish and I don't know how I feel about getting another one.

And my parents would be PISSED OFF if I got another fish. Unless I got it while my dad was at the fire station and my mom at work.... They don't pay attention to my fish anyway...

And not to mention, my family just bought a house, so I'm moving, and I'm trying to convince my parents to let me get 2 2. divided aqueon (?) betta tanks. And then I plan on getting a sorority for my 5 ladies. That right there is $100...... $70 for both tanks, $10 for the ten gal. $20 for heater/ filter/ CO2.... And then, who can buy a tank, and NOT buy fun things for it? I'd want to switch to sand, and more silk plants....

See? My mind is too big for my wallet....

ACH!!! Someone, come to utah, and buy this little fish so I don't have too!!!

Anyway, your suggestions? Or if your willing to sell me all that stuff ^^ for CHEAP!!! :)

What do I do???
carzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 01:27 PM   #2 
Twilight Storm

I can't help you decide what to do, but if you decide to get the Betta you can always locate a manager in Walmart and ask him to discount the fish since it is very sick or maybe convince him to give it to you free if it is in super bad shape after explaining the cost of the medication etc. Walmart probably doesn't even have to treat him. (Remember to be very nice about it and come armed with as much information you can about what might be wrong with the fish.) Explain that the fish will die and educate the manager on Ich and what it does maybe? If you get a kind hearted manager in a good mood and you're nice about everything he might give it to you if Walmart store policy doesn't go against it. (and you have somewhere you can put him right now)

It's the wonderful spring/summer season of garage sales! You might get lucky if you drive around a few weekends in the morning if you have a lot of them in your area for some of your equipment... At the very least, you might find some nice tanks for a lot less then brand new....

Good luck deciding, and best wishes :)
Twilight Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 02:02 PM   #3 
carzz

o.o ach.... why aren't I a millionaire?
Old 05-25-2011, 03:34 PM   #4 
Luimeril

start checking out thrift stores, good will, and craigslist. there's ALWAYS cheap tanks on there. often, you can find a fully set-up 10 gallon for less than $30 on CL. :d i'd get the little guy. he's been there so long...
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 01:15 AM   #5 
carzz

Go buy him for me!! :)