Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-15-2011, 11:14 AM   #1 
newfiedragon

Question zoomed betta therm

I'm considering buying the Zoomed Betta Therm mini heater for one of my small tanks, but I find that with the zoomed betta products, some are good and some are not so good. Does anyone use this little heater? Does anyone have any good or bad comments about it? Here's the heater that I'm talking about.
newfiedragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 11:16 AM   #2 
Johnificent

that looks cool! how much do they cost, and where can you buy it? sorry, this question is completely irrelevant to the point of this thread :P
Johnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 11:23 AM   #3 
newfiedragon

I know you can get them from Petsmart. One just opened near me, so I was gonna see if they had any. I think they cost around $15, but I might be wrong. I don't know what other stores would carry them. I think it's a fairly new product.

I've used the Hydor 7.5w mini heater before and liked that one, but there are no stores around here that carry those (I bought mine at a Big Al's in Ontario when I was on vacation last year).
Old 05-15-2011, 11:32 AM   #4 
BlueHaven

That's cute!
:D

I don't know anything about it though...sorry. ^^;
Hope you find an answer!
BlueHaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 04:35 PM   #5 
dramaqueen
Banned

I've seen thgem at Petsmart and I was thinking of trying one, too.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 04:37 PM   #6 
Luimeril

the ones at Pet Lover's are about $20. and, they, apparently, only heat to 5F above room temp. so~
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 07:46 PM   #7 
Lion Mom

YIKES - for that price you can get an Elite Mini 25 watt heater that is submersible AND adjustable!!!!
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 07:54 PM   #8 
Ariel1719

I have it! Got it from big als for 10 bucks. They didnt have my ususal heater but i needed one so i got this. Works great! My boy Tee has it in his tank and its heated to about 79. Im happy with it! lol
Ariel1719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 08:23 PM   #9 
kathstew

I've heard mixed things about this heater. Some say its really good, others say not very good at all... I guess it just depends.
I've seen them at Big Als, for about $16.00.
kathstew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 09:09 PM   #10 
newfiedragon

On petsmart.com they're $14.99, on sale for $12.99. Of course, that's american, not canadian. $16.99 (assuming that's canadian) online at Big Al's. I need it for a small tank (1.5g), so I don't want to get anything stronger.

I went to the new Petsmart in the city this evening and asked if they had one, and they didn't. After explaining what I was looking for, the fish sales associate got a confused look on her face and told me that she didn't understand why there would be a heater for bettas, since bettas should be kept at room temperature (I do believe 20-22 degrees celsius is what she said, I don't know what that is in farenheit). I replied, "Well, they are tropical fish, so they should be kept around 76-82 farenheit, according to the books I've read". She didn't look impressed...