Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-20-2011, 09:14 PM   #11 
PitGurl

I've used them in the past. One quit on me only a week or so after I got it. The problem with these type of heaters is the only heat the water to 5-10 degrees above the air temp. So it really depends on how cool or warm you keep your house. During the winter when the heat was on they were fine but once the AC got turned on I had to switch to regular heaters.
PitGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 09:24 PM   #12 
newfiedragon

Luckily for my fishies, I don't have air conditioning. I didn't have a problem with my hydor mini all last summer, so if these are similar, hopefully it'll be good. The associate at petsmart told me that I could get the upc from the website and they could order it in for me.
newfiedragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 09:57 PM   #13 
tokala

I have it, and got it for 7.99 from my local pet store. They dont even carry fish, so kinda random that they had it...any ways, I keep it on hand as a back up but had to use it once for my hospital tank. So long as your room temp doesn't fluctuate much it should be fine. I adjust the temp by burying it deeper, or more shallow, in the substrate. Definitely more of a pain in the butt than a heater with a thermostat, but better than no heater at all :)
tokala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 02:38 PM   #14 
bettalover2000

i've used one. gonna return it today. didn't work for me. has anyone noticed fluctuations in this heater?
bettalover2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 05:14 PM   #15 
Littlebittyfish

This is all good info to know..I was sort of curious about it because it is 10 dollars at my local petstore..I believe I will pay a little extra for an adjustable.
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote