Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-15-2011, 06:15 PM   #11 
BettaBetty

Thanks OFL :) I just read this article on Rosetails/Feathertails. I didnt know this about them.
http://www.bettaterritory.nl/BT-AABRosetails.htm

Good article. Will post more pics tomorrow! About the tempature in the water. I cannot for the life of me get it over 76 degrees. I'm now covering the whole tank with a towel, I have two bulbs in there that are helping. The heater is just not doing its job efficeintly enough.

Hope its okay at 76? What will happen?
BettaBetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:59 AM   #12 
Oldfishlady

I have had eggs hatch at much lower temps than that...it just take a bit longer and you have higher risk of fungus.....but I am talking about in the 60F range....76F they may be fine...especially if that is the temp they have always been at and spawned in.....
Try covering the top of the tank with plastic veggie wrap.....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 07:10 AM   #13 
mernincrazy8525

Quote:
I have had eggs hatch at much lower temps than that...it just take a bit longer and you have higher risk of fungus.....but I am talking about in the 60F range....76F they may be fine...especially if that is the temp they have always been at and spawned in.....
Try covering the top of the tank with plastic veggie wrap.....
+1
mernincrazy8525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:17 AM   #14 
BettaBetty

Unhappy Emergency Tank Move

Yesterday I had to clear my room due to flying ants everywhere. The room needed to be cleared out and sprayed with posions. And no way I was leaving my guys in there, so I took the risk and got the spawn tank out, eggs and daddy still inside for the move.

Due to some impossible to get around sploshing of water, we lost a few eggs and the nest was everywhere. Luckily, I left Bubblegum to his job and he collected every single stray egg in the whole tank and placed them directly under the bubblewrap nest thing I put in there.

He was FRANTIC looking for all his eggs and scooping tons at a time into his little mouth. It was very sad and I felt just horrible for him.

I hope it didnt hurt the eggs.

Here is the pic of his hurried work and collection of every egg he could find. What a good dad.

Old 05-16-2011, 10:24 AM   #15 
Oldfishlady

You take awesome pics...what kind of camera do you use....dang I wish I could get shots like that......

He is a good daddy......hopefully it won't stress him to the point of eating all his eggs to protect them.....but you had to do what you had to do and moving him due to poison use was the right move..IMO.....
Old 05-16-2011, 10:31 AM   #16 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Hope everything's OK.
Be patient with the hatching, lower temp takes a bit longer. As long as daddy is still tending to them, they should be fine.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 12:28 PM   #17 
BettaBetty

My camera is a Kodak Easyshare Z950. I got it last year on amazon for $140. Its somtimes slow on getting back after taking a pic, but the quality of the pics overrides the wait time for me. Some people hate that, but all the reviews told me that too lol. Its a great camera. I love it. I've taken tons of beautiful photos of everything with it. Worth the money for sure.

He is tending this nest like nothing else in the world matters. I did try to feed him, but he refused the food and ignored it so I sucked it back out with the baster along with some crud on the bottom of the tank.

I don't do water changes till they are free swiming and I can remove the bubble wrap nest right? Otherwise I cant help the nest from moving or flinging eggs everywhere.

Its not dirty, but I worry. :)

I keep looking and watching the eggs, waiting for any signs of life lol... nothing yet.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:33 PM   #18 
wallywestisthebest333

I think you can make infusoria using banana peel... I saw a video about it from a member on here.... If I can find it again I'll post it for you! =]

I actually just discovered this! :D

Hope it helps. (the banana peel may cause too much of a water quality problem though I'm not an expert. I don't breed but I do try and search info when people need it. =])

Oh and of course use water conditioner in the jars. =] They didn't mention that. I mean I guess it could be left unsaid but just to be careful I thought I'd add that. =]

Oh man!!! D: I forgot to say this:

CONGRATS ON THE SPAWN!!!!! :D They'll most likely look beautiful! =] hope you get a couple out of it! =] I have faith in you! *cheers*

Last edited by wallywestisthebest333; 05-16-2011 at 12:38 PM.
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 03:11 PM   #19 
BettaBetty

Old 05-16-2011, 03:22 PM   #20 
Oldfishlady

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaBetty View Post
My camera is a Kodak Easyshare Z950. I got it last year on amazon for $140. Its somtimes slow on getting back after taking a pic, but the quality of the pics overrides the wait time for me. Some people hate that, but all the reviews told me that too lol. Its a great camera. I love it. I've taken tons of beautiful photos of everything with it. Worth the money for sure.
What do you mean by "sometimes slow getting back after taking a pic"...got a link to this camera...thats a good price....

Is this it.....
http://www.amazon.com/Kodak-EasyShar.../dp/B002IVVD8C

Last edited by Oldfishlady; 05-16-2011 at 03:25 PM.