Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-16-2011, 03:54 AM   #1 
SillyCone

I've found Wally!

omg lol! I bought 3 apple snails 3-4 days ago for 2.50 each, I remember seeing those really tiny snails on the aquarium and I was like "lol, would be nice if I get one of those for free" as a joke, then the guy picked up the snails with his hand and I got sad T_T.

It came with a bit of their water so I just put it on my aquarium as well, now I was looking at my snails eating when I found this little bugger here! Hahaha!

I'm so naming him Wally, he is EXTREMELY small! idk how I spotted that.

SillyCone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 07:58 AM   #2 
Littlebittyfish

Here is a cool website that shows freshwater snails.
http://www.applesnail.net/content/snails_various.php

I have had a few hitchhikers multiply in to dozens in a matter of a night..so keep an eye on it.....
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 08:17 AM   #3 
SillyCone

After the post I lost him, I keep trying to find him again but I don't seem to find it anywhere! :V

hahaha, and I know it might be a problem, thats why I bought apple snails, because they breed quite slow and easy to take out the eggs.

Hmmm... Where in the World is Carmen San Diego.. I mean, Wally. :S
Old 05-16-2011, 09:03 AM   #4 
SillyCone

Gosh, I've found one, but when I was trying to pick him up I l ost between the gravel. cus my gravel happens to be way too colourful, then I started to look for it like mad with my hands, when I looked around, I see my betta, next to my hand, helping me to look for it, so cute lol! XD!

He isn't afraid of my hand nor bites me, but if anyone else touches the tank he tries to bite ;V

Also I can't look much at my apple snails, he gets jealous and starts to flare at them or keep swimming fast at where I'm looking at to try to get my attention.. lol... Well, back to look for Wally, I hope I didn't crush him or anything.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:42 AM   #5 
wallywestisthebest333

HOW CUTE!! :D <3 I've never seen a white Malaysian trumpet snail! <3 It's darling! <3 It might be under your substrate. =] They like to burrow. =]

I only have black MTS If you lived in the US I'd try to meet you for a trade! XD

Lol and your betta sounds so cute! XD It's so sweet! <3
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:09 PM   #6 
SillyCone

Hahaha thanks, I might try to look for him once more, I'm kinda obsessed with the idea I lost him twice and my brother doesn't believe I found it lol! xD
Old 05-16-2011, 01:13 PM   #7 
wallywestisthebest333

Pfffft I know the feeling! XD Having a twin sister that used to happen all the time! XD
Old 05-16-2011, 01:39 PM   #8 
SillyCone

hahahha, well, I scrambled almost all the gravel, just not where 2 of my snails were or where the cave is, so I kinda looked all the place he was suppose to be... Nothing, now my aquarium looks pretty ugly and dirty because all that apple snail poo is everywhere, the filter is on to try to clean up some of the mess while it all sink on the bottom again... LOL!

I guess I will wait until one day he appears at the window again, if I didn't kill him, poor thing :C

If he did die, I might make it up for the poor thing and actually buy one of the tiny ones again hahaha.

Also, funny thing about my snails... The guy picked the 3 of them from the same aquarium at random... BUT!

2 of them never ever ever gets away from each other, they are like stuck together, while the other one is all "emo" and avoid to stay much close to them. :C

I feel sorry for him but apple snails have a rule thing like bettas, 2.5 per snail, since my tank is 10G, I thought like 3 snails = 7.5 + a betta = 10G.

So idk :C

But look, filmed this today, so cute:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fYFfAntdX0"]YouTube - &#x202a;Apple Snail eating&#x202c;&rlm;[/ame]

Last edited by dramaqueen; 05-21-2011 at 11:38 PM.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:10 PM   #9 
wallywestisthebest333

Lol! I'm sure he's good! =] and like you said on the off chance he did die buying another one would be a great way to honor his memory! XD <3

LOL that's so cute! XD <3 He's a free spirit!

Your calculations sound about right! =]

OMG That is cute! <3 I miss my nerite Shelly! He/She/It was so cute! It looked really similar while it ate! <3 It was one of the reasons I loved the little thing!

Good luck with your snails! =] They look awesome!
Old 05-16-2011, 02:23 PM   #10 
BlueHaven

lol
It is very cute!!!
:D
BlueHaven is offline   Reply With Quote