Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-16-2011, 08:50 PM   #11 
bettafish15

Um, thanks, but I'm getting it online, I'm in a tiny town. No wal-mart, no pet stores.
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:01 PM   #12 
Twilight Storm

I have a regular hood for my aquarium and couldn't use those clips because it wouldn't fit with them in. I ended up gluing the plastic things to the glass with aquarium sealant. Looks kind of bad but it works. I figured a bit of ugly was worth their safety.
Twilight Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:08 PM   #13 
elijahfeathers

I had a divider liek that. After a couple months it started to crack (the clear divider plastic), I also had issues with water flow through it due to the small size of the holes. I'd really suggest making a DYI divider out of plastic canvas and report binders-- I personally really like they way it looks if you match the binders, canvas, and substrait. (eg black gravel + black report binders + black canvas, or white, ect). Some people don't like them though. But that's just my experience with that divider.
elijahfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:25 PM   #14 
Sakura8

When you use a divider, does the filter still filter the water on the other side of the divider?
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:24 PM   #15 
bettafish15

@ elijahfeathers: Yeah, I know it would be a better choice, but that would mean siliconing the tank divider permanently and I dont want that. Also the sealant would be expensive, and what would I do with the fish while it cures? Just not realistic for me :/ Also, I have black mesh on the other side of the divider to decrease visibility, so I have a backup thing I can stick in there should the plastic fail.

@ Sakura: Yes, it does, if the mesh you are using has holes in it, heated and filtered water gets to the other side just fine. :)
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:41 PM   #16 
elijahfeathers

I actually don't silicone mine in, and as long as I cut correctly, they hold up just fine with gravel anchoring them. Not trying to say change if you don't want to-- but I am saying I'm silicone free and using them with no real issues (sometimes then I move the hood around they 'tilt' to one side a bit and it looks slightly unsightly). Of course I'm not sure if it'd work with your sand, but. :P Best of luck with that divider.
elijahfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote