Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-16-2011, 10:00 PM   #11 
PewPewPew

If you make SUPER sure its non-iodized, then it is fine, yes.

Actually, if/once you get him, add in 2tsp/gallon of the salt and not 1. thats some serious rot.

Also, keep the temp (for now) not at 80-82, but at 76-77'. You will still need a heater, but for now, the bacteria that is eating the fins will be discouraged when the water is in the 76-77' range.

Change the water every day and re-dose the salt (10 days max), then acclimate properly, all that. Lights low or off, filter off to promote growth, and you should be good.
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:09 PM   #12 
inkrealm

where do you live? D: poor things :/ the last one has it really bad. :( I hope someone saves them soon, I'm glad you're getting one of them.. it is fin rot, and I'm sure a boatload of other issues as well, but fin rot if nothing else. OW D; </3

Last edited by inkrealm; 05-16-2011 at 10:12 PM.
inkrealm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:04 PM   #13 
Luimeril

i love that first one. he seems to have real promise. you can't get them both? then adopt out whichever one you don't want to keep? poor babies. D: that's gotta be painful and super stressful for them.
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:13 PM   #14 
PewPewPew

If youre really concerned, op, tell them! Be persistant, make them change the water in front of you and add medicines if you can get them to.

I do that all the time. They hate me for it, but they know I wont leave and will detract from business until they make it better.
Old 05-17-2011, 06:36 AM   #15 
mernincrazy8525

pewx3 i have done that and i actually went over to the manager and saiid "this betta NEEDS help!!!" and he said if you want it done so badly do it yourself. and i did. and on the way out i said " i'll be back!"
mernincrazy8525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 03:54 PM   #16 
PewPewPew

Heh, then do it! I do. And then people look at me, and when they do, I tell them that this store lets its animals (animals makes it worse sounding) die and people get maddddddddd.
Old 05-18-2011, 04:03 PM   #17 
Luimeril

make a scene. :d rant, rave, yell, scream. when people look your way, tell the the store sells sick animals. you may get kicked out, but you put that thought in the people's head.
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote