Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-16-2011, 09:58 PM   #1 
elijahfeathers

Anyone ever used a Biorb Life?

That baby right there. This tanke is awesome looking imo-- it's 8 gallons, and it's like... pretty much everything I love about the dinky terrible betta bowl designs. But without the terrible. I'd really really like to save up and get one.. but I've got a few reservations. Like how does it work-- and can I put a heater in it neatly, ect? I was wondering if anyone here has used the Biorb Life tanks. They're really quite expensive, but my birthday's coming up. And I really would like to get a nice new tank and perhaps one more fish. xD
elijahfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:43 PM   #2 
Splendid Veil

Im not sure. i dont have it. but i have a 2 gallon thats the same exact shape. just on a smaller scale. they have a tropical heater kit. and its powered by an undergravel filter. to me it seems very over priced. its nice. but i dont think its that fancy. zoomed makes a betta condo, that comes in a rectangular shape. and it looks almost the same. all youd need to do was buy a small filter, and a small heater too.

hope this helps.
Splendid Veil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:38 PM   #3 
JackisLost

Is it made of acrylic? It has an under ground filter? I would find something stronger and easier to clean, the opening on top is not large at all
JackisLost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 12:09 AM   #4 
elijahfeathers

It's made of acrylic and apparently has an undergravel filter, yes. However I really like the size it comes in 8 gallons is a lovely amount of space. The zoo med ones are pretty tempting-- I just wish that the rectangle cam in 2 gallons too.

I suppose next time I go to petco I can get more info on the biorb life set. I'm not sure how easy to clean it would be, ect. Apparently from what i heard it's actually got some sort of built in hidden place for a heater too?
elijahfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 12:16 AM   #5 
elsilerjr

i have the Biube 9 gallon and i loved it. That one seems a little better as mine is round and sometimes when hes on the sides i cant really see him that well.
elsilerjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 06:50 AM   #6 
Burd

$300 on amazon? HOLY ASDFKJASDFKLAJSDFKLJ...

It should be made of gold for that price for an 8 gallon tank... lordy.
Burd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:32 AM   #7 
Splendid Veil

[quote=elijahfeathers;676144]It's made of acrylic and apparently has an undergravel filter, yes. However I really like the size it comes in 8 gallons is a lovely amount of space. The zoo med ones are pretty tempting-- I just wish that the rectangle cam in 2 gallons too.

The zoomed rectangle one does come in a 2 gallon version. thats what im keeping my guy in for now.

Splendid Veil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:59 AM   #8 
newarkhiphop

you have a link to that tank splendid? its really nice
newarkhiphop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 12:03 PM   #9 
SillyCone

omg I think actually everything (but the fish) is from biorb on that photo.. O.o
SillyCone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 12:30 PM   #10 
Alex09

Undergravel filters are crap. You will have to tear up your whole tank just to clean them.
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote