Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-15-2010, 02:56 PM   #1 
Ethan

Calling all young betta breeders so we can exchange experience upon the wonderful wor

Calling all young betta breeders so we can exchange experience upon the wonderful world of bettas.

ages 11-17

I just wanted all the young betta breeders on this post to share experience because all the older members have bred bettas for years so I thought it would be fun for all the younger betta breeders to introduce themselves and share betta experience with each other like a young betta community.

I'll start off
Hi my names Ethan I'm 11 and a betta lover and breeder well going to after I succefuly raise fry hehe.....I am a mature kid and enjoy varios things to do like playing games,taking walks ect. I think every young person should not be shot off because of there age but be respected because of there responsibilitys to there bettas. I want to say I love this website and I think we should all share our experience with each other. Most people don't treat me like I'm 11 and more like a young adult because I am responsible and I don't like to say anything nasty to people. I rareley ever do I don't like to hurt peoples feelings. And I'm responsible to my bettas. I would gladly invite anyone who is 11-17 to this post if you have the same respect for others like I do. And if you won't say anything to hurt others feelings. So the last thing I'm going to say is go betta crazy and have fun just make sure to stay on topic about bettas .
Ethan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 03:06 PM   #2 
weluvbettas

I also am 11 and also like to breed bettas. I know that sometimes people believe that your too young to be breeding animals but if you do it for a good cause and have a good breeding pair there is not anyting wrong with it imo.
weluvbettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 03:16 PM   #3 
Ethan

thank you for posting
do you have any betta breeding experience to share with us? What kind of bettas do you breed? I'm just curios if it's ok to ask.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:35 PM   #4 
MrVampire181

I began breeding at age 11, I'm 14 now.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:05 PM   #5 
Ethan

hello MrVampire thanks for posting and what strain are you working on?
Old 12-15-2010, 09:31 PM   #6 
MrVampire181

I am currently working on blue platinum/dragon HMPKs...unfortunately this line dosen't produce many females...ANYWAY when my replacemnt male gets here I will be breeding some super red HMPKs and when I get a new female (this one I have probably won't breed for me...) purple HMs/DTs. I want to work with some blue butterfly halfmoons as well.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:02 PM   #7 
Oldfishlady

I don't meet the age requirements...but.....I just wanted to add.....it is great to see young people involved in this hobby....you are our Future........and to remember that there is more than one correct/right way to not only keep this species but to spawn as well....it is finding what works best for you, the breeders and what you have on hand...just as many right ways as wrong....just be responsible........
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 10:06 PM   #8 
MrVampire181

+1 ofl.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:24 PM   #9 
Betta Slave

I'm 13, started breeding this summer actually. I tried two times, but both times the male ate the eggs.

Atm I'm trying to find a giant female to breed to my giant male (in avvie) so I can work with giant genetics.

Edit- I'm hoping for some blue w/ red finnage, or close to it, anyway, and I'm also hoping to get some double-tail into the strain so I'll end up with giant double-tail plakats.

Last edited by Betta Slave; 12-15-2010 at 10:32 PM.
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:59 AM   #10 
dramaqueen
Banned

+2 ofl.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote