Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-17-2011, 10:33 PM   #1 
DarkMoon17

Copper Marble and Blue Dragon Spawn Log

I am very excited about these spawns :D
The Parents:
Copper Marbles:
Senshi (Copper Marble HM) X Hanabi (Marble HMPK)

Blue Dragon:
Nino (Blue Dragon OHM) X Aoki (Blue Dragon SD/HM)
DarkMoon17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:41 PM   #2 
naturegirl243

Beautful! If the spawn wth Senshi works out I would be interested in a pair.I'm such a huge fan of your boy he is so pretty!
naturegirl243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:06 PM   #3 
DarkMoon17

Thank you naturegirl :)
My favorite part of spawning is the courting, I just love how colorful and animated the males get. At this point, both pairs are in their spawning tanks, girls are in plastic containers. I might release Aoki tonight. Nino and her have been flirting for 3 days now and Aoki is barred up and reacting well... We'll see.

Nino's fins are doing much much better. The black and red tips are gone and it's already healing. The Tetracycline treatment combined with salt worked like magic :)
Nino X Aoki

Senshi X Hanabi
Old 05-17-2011, 11:43 PM   #4 
Nymmers

Aww, Senshi kind of looks like the gentle lover. Haha. <3 Gorgeous, very excited to see the outcomes!
Nymmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 12:43 AM   #5 
youlovegnats

So pretty!!!! *0*
youlovegnats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:57 AM   #6 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Now I can see your pictures ..... nice pairs.
I love Nino. His kind of color can sometimes look blue and sometimes green - amazing dragon.

The red on the second male, IMO is more due to marbling effects (not color genetics ..... does that make sense?). So as long as offspring turns out marble, they should have such red/brown patterns.
Is it me or does the female look unresponsive?
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:58 AM   #7 
DarkMoon17

Thanks guys :) I released both females last night; both males had begun making bubble nests and the girls were responding very well.

You got that right Nymmers, Senshi has been especially gentle. No torn fins in their tank yet. Nino on the other hand... I'll give him another day or two but if he tears Aoki's fins any more I'll be canceling their spawning! She hasn't showed stress lines once, but her fins look a little worse for wear :/

I'm guessing the marbles will spawn by tomorrow afternoon, Aoki is ready but Nino and her don't seem to hit it off so I'm not sure about them...

Many egg laying species spawn in response to the small change in temperature following rain so this morning I tried something new; I used my lizard's mister to simulate rain, fed both frozen blood worms, then continued the simulated rain for a few minutes. Senshi immediately built a gigantic bubble nest... Aoki's bars got even more dramatic... I think I'll try that again tomorrow morning...
Old 05-18-2011, 03:44 PM   #8 
Nymmers

Nino did look feisty from your pictures, he was flaring a lot. Still gorgeous, maybe he's just more anxious. Not sure, but good luck and I hope he calms down and things work out for Aoki!

Congrats on huge bubble nests.
Nymmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 04:34 PM   #9 
LucyLoofa

They both look like excellent pairs! :) I'm very interested in following this!
LucyLoofa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 07:25 PM   #10 
DarkMoon17

indjo, actually the marble is extremely responsive... I believe they could spawn any minute now. I have to say, Senshi and Hanabi are the most laid back pair I've ever had. Senshi keeps working on his nest and every once and awhile Hanabi comes over to check it out. They've tried to wrap a few times now unsuccessfully but hey it's their first spawning! I'm going out to starbucks now, I bet there will be eggs in the nest by the time I get home :D

Both Aoki and Nino just seem frustrated, I think they will spawn, it's just a matter of time. They seem to have a difference in opinion of where the nest should be. Aoki wants it under the styrofoam cup and keeps waiting there for Nino who keeps making one underneath a lily pad leaf that he can just barely fit under due to the amount of plants in there. I really hope Nino calms down soon :/