Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-19-2011, 03:44 PM   #1 
thissideofparadise

my betta fish cant swim when the filters on -__-

I got my betta fish in december and hes probably only a few months old since i bough him when he was small.

Ive kept him in a 1.5 gallon tank and just recently switched him into a 2.5 gallon tank with a filter in it, but I noticed when the filter is turned on in the water he is pushed up against the side of the glass and cannot swim around the tank. the moment i turn it off he can swim around again.

Does anyone else have that problem? What should i do? I know bettas need filters so this is getting to be a dilema =\
thissideofparadise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 04:14 PM   #2 
Oldfishlady

Betta don't have to have a filter- but they can help with the percent of water that needs to be changed...but not the number of needed weekly water changes especially in the smaller tanks.....

You can baffle the overflow on the filter...there is a sticky on how to make one...somewhere on this site......lol.....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 05:07 PM   #3 
Pisces78

Pull up your water intake tube on till it is easy for the fish to swim. I had to do that on my 5 gallon divided, it still filters and he can swim around just fine now.
Pisces78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
filter, problem