Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-15-2014, 05:35 PM   #1 
PickyPrince

My New Roommate

I am really excited about my new boy that I adopted two weeks ago, meet Prince

I've had bettas since I was little, but Prince is the first betta that I am fully responsible for. He is always on the move so most of the pictures I try to get of him come out a little blurry. :P

Prince is the most playful betta I've ever had. I was doing a little tank maintenance the other day and he chased my hand around the whole time. He also made it hard not to pour the new water directly on top of him by chasing that too.

I named him Prince because he is very picky when it comes to food, it took me a week to find a kind he liked, the plot twist was that his favorite turned out to be the cheapest kind that my past bettas wouldn't even touch.
PickyPrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 05:40 PM   #2 
Charc14

He is gorgeous!
Charc14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 07:05 PM   #3 
selah

a very handsome fellow :)
selah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 12:39 AM   #4 
Schmoo

Very pretty! c:
Schmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 12:45 AM   #5 
AAquarist

He is very pretty! He reminds me a lot of Chippewa!
AAquarist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 08:49 PM   #6 
redheadlja

He's very pretty!:)
redheadlja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 02:38 AM   #7 
PickyPrince

Thank you guys! I've got some more pictures and a bit of bad news (Prince is okay, but I'm pretty ticked off).

Anyway

I got a pic of his tank before he came out of his usual little napping place for this photoshoot, lots of colors are fun for me and I hope they're fun for him too! He blends in with the blue plants perfectly, sometimes he sleeps on top of them and I won't even notice him there.

I was trying to get a nice full non-blurry pic of his fins, but he kept swimming into the shadows and looking dramatic.

I made a fish pun and

It's still not perfect, but I got a really pretty profile picture of him <3

I have yet to get him to flare, I put a mirror up to his tank a couple times and he just looks at it like "yeah okay" and then goes back to whatever he was doing before that. :/

He was in the process of following my finger here, that's one of my favorite things that he would do.

Aaaand on that note, the bad news. I live in a dorm, so for the most part I am the only one with access to my room, my bedroom locks separately from the parts I share with my roommate (I always lock it when I'm out) so not even she has access to Prince without me watching.

However, I came back from class the other day and sat with Prince to do some studying and I put my finger up to the tank to let him follow it (like I always do) but this time he darted away to hide (I had never seen him dart before). One of my reasons for choosing him was that he was the only betta at the store that loved to follow fingers, and now he's suddenly terrified of them. So I suspect that someone tapped on his tank and scared the crap out of him while I was out.

The only people besides me who can get into my room are the maintenance people and the RAs who are in charge of our dorm (they all tend to come around on a monthly basis to check on our smoke detectors and look for rule violations). I've had these people wreck my artwork while I was out before so I already had really low expectations for their behavior, but I am really angry that they would harass a harmless little fish.

So now I'm gonna have to do something I considered doing before, but didn't think I had to do because these people are supposed to be adults, but I'm gonna make a "Do not tap the glass!" sign and tape it to the top of Prince's tank, which is ridiculous.

Sorry that was so long, I'm still mad about it, anyway, I'm working on getting him to follow fingers again, he isn't bolting anymore, but he won't swim up all excited and follow my finger around the tank like he used to unless I stick it into the water. My poor baby.
Old 11-21-2014, 11:11 PM   #8 
pfenty

He is so pretty!!!
pfenty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 06:01 PM   #9 
PickyPrince

Thank you!

Here's a picture of the quick sign I made and added to the top of his tank, hopefully it will serve as a nice reminder to the staff and maintenance here. :)

The colors are a little funky, I only have so many sharpie colors to work with. ^-^;
Old 11-25-2014, 12:42 PM   #10 
lovemygrumpycat

He is gorgeous!! Love his colors.
lovemygrumpycat is offline   Reply With Quote