Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-14-2014, 11:25 PM   #1 
TheTrojanBetta

"Paris is always a good idea!"

While I believe the above quote was referring to the city, not the
mythological character my new girl is named after, I'm inclined to agree!

Paris is my new little girl, who I finally brought home yesterday after
several months of seeing her at my local Petsmart. I think she recognized my face, I'd gone in to see her so many times, and she was always so sociable and interactive in her cup! She is named after, yes, the Greek character Paris- the guy who married Helen and kind of sort of started the Trojan War. (It fits in well with Odysseus and Penelope!) Her sweet and kind of quirky personality is even more evident now that she's out of her cup and into a tank. Her color is faded, but she's got some nice blues and oranges coming in fast; her eyes are bright orange! I can't wait until she's colored up all the way and grown some; she's quite small.

Other than her faded colors, torn tail, and slight remaining stress stripes she appears so far to be very healthy! She's already swimming around and exploring, ate some brine shrimp last night and a few pellets today, and discovered the use of a cave much quicker than any fish I've had before. I can already tell what a sweet girl she is and she's already made me laugh so many times!
Just thought I'd introduce the newest member of the family; I'm very excited and quickly growing attached. That was fast. Oops.

Paris!
http://

She loves to sit in her marbles!

"I'm watching you!"
TheTrojanBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 11:41 PM   #2 
beautiful Betta

cute wouldn't Helen have been a better name considering she's a she.
beautiful Betta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:14 AM   #3 
TheTrojanBetta

Well, I've never been much of one for... I don't know what you'd call them. Gender norms? Protocols? I came across Paris and really liked it for her; remembered Paris of the Trojan War and thought it would go well with Odysseus and Penelope, two of my other fish who also have names from Greek Mythology. It didn't really occur to me as odd to name a female fish after a male character. A name's a name, you know!

Though I miiiiight also have been a little bit influenced by the actors from Troy... I'm a huge Lord of the Rings fan (books and movies!) and Odysseus was played by Sean Bean, Paris by Orlando Bloom, who also played Boromir and Legolas in The Lord of the Rings, repectively. That didn't really help in swaying me from the decision. In a very dorky way I suppose I think it's kind of cool... I should make a collage of Odysseus and Paris with their human counterparts!
TheTrojanBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:01 AM   #4 
beautiful Betta

I love the film Troy, I am not a fan of Brad Pitt generally for looks but great actor, but I have to say, Troy was the film I thought he looked amazing as Achilles, I guess the whole ancient warrior thing does it for me, lol. If you were going to get a betta for that name it would have to be a HM gold one, and male, that would be my preference anyway, lol.
beautiful Betta is online now   Reply With Quote