Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-30-2012, 05:14 PM   #1951 
BettaKnight

So how much would it cost in total of fees and transporting it to your home?
BettaKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 05:33 PM   #1952 
angiessa

It depends on the shipper and what service you use. Express service to me (in Iowa) from my shipper (in Colorado) is around $45 - that includes the import fee and handling of the fish. That is also on top of the $5 shipping fee you pay the seller on AB, and the original price of the fish. It's not a cheap way to get fish, but if you want something unique or for breeding, it's the best way to go. You can also cut down the cost per fish a bit by buying more than one and combining shipping -- like I'm doing with my two AB fish.
angiessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 05:56 PM   #1953 
callistra

My local fish store has started getting in monthly shipments of fish that look like they belong on aquabid and I'm having a terrible time not getting anymore.. They actually had THREE very very purple boys last time I was in.. absolutely the most gorgeous and unique fish I have ever seen and I do not mean the red/blue mixes that come out looking purple. They really looked just plain lavender. I have never seen bettas look like this before and may never again. I hope they get more when I'm actually able to get one. :(
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 05:59 PM   #1954 
BettaKnight

I was thinking much more, but it seem a very fair price and what service do you use to to send it express?An which would you consider in your opinion in having safe and a live of course to your home?
Old 01-30-2012, 06:13 PM   #1955 
angiessa

I think my shipper sends USPS express. This time of year, that's all I'm comfortable with -- you do have a priority mail option, but I'd be afraid of a cold spell during shipping.

Callistra: I hope they have nice ones when you go back, too! It's torture to see one you really want and not be able to buy it on the spot. ;)
Old 01-30-2012, 06:25 PM   #1956 
BettaKnight

Yeah I know that's what I'm afraid of ...but I guess it's a chance you have to take I guess... thanks for the info
Old 01-31-2012, 05:50 PM   #1957 
JBosley

I have 100% decided that when/if I ever have the money (haha looove being unemployed! Not..) that I am ordering a halfmoon betta off of Aquabid! Too many gorgeous fish on there. Of course only if my Firefly survives... I have the worst luck with bettas....
JBosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:27 PM   #1958 
bettasusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiessa View Post
After much deliberation with myself, I just bought my second AB baby. The shipping on my first one got delayed, so I could get the second fish shipped along with him for no extra charge, and...well. Who could resist this guy??

Next shipment gets to the transshipper next Monday, so I have to wait a whole week to see them in person!

WOW! He is amazing! Any Siblings!?
bettasusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:39 PM   #1959 
angiessa

I think there were a couple of similar ones/possible siblings. Gimme a minute -- I think I bookmarked them...
Old 01-31-2012, 07:41 PM   #1960 
angiessa

Okay, I don't know about siblings, but he does have one very similar to my boy, and some other *gorgeous* fish. This one's stunning:

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...hmp&1328597237

This one I would guess is a sibling:

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...hmp&1328596838

And I had an extremely hard time deciding between the one I bought or this one:

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...hmp&1328596523

ETA: If you view the seller's current auctions, he also has a few females. I was sorely tempted by those, too, but I'm really not set up for breeding.

Tags
aquabid, beautiful fish, fishy_fishy, i need more money, i need to win the lottery, why do i do this