Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-19-2012, 10:10 PM   #2791 
KristiS

Hey guys! I just recently bought two bettas to add to my collection off of Aquabid, but am unable to get ahold of the Canadian transshipper (seems like I have been waiting for ever for these guys to arrive, but it has only been about a week...) Here are the new additions :)

Black/Copper HM male

Purple HM Female

Can't wait until they arrive. Anyone had problems with delays in shipping? Seems the last time I ordered one he was here almost right away...
KristiS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 10:12 PM   #2792 
MrVampire181

My first spawns were HM x CT crosses to create a red copper Halfsun. I got excellent color but fins never improved and the line died out. I purchased some red copper HMs/DTs from a breeder in Utah and worked on those for a bit but again nothing great and I lost my touch for raising bettas (it was because my brother took my 30 gallon because I was taking a break from breeding but didn't give it back). Then a year or so later I purchased two steel blue HMPK bettas and managed to get 30 fish from them. Then I spawned a purple HM from Karen and the steel blue female and was rewarded with 30 extremely nice fish. One of whom has survived three death waves and seen my bedroom, the outdoors, and the current fish room. She's a little over a year old and still going strong (her siblings unfortunately passed away in my last death wave).

I wasn't successful with imports until I got my white pair in March. And now I have over 75 of their fry in two spawns growing out. Once the pair recovers from the hexamita infection they're going to be spawned one last time before I do the father-daughter mother-son crosses.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 10:24 PM   #2793 
KasaraWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by betta lover1507 View Post
you could check for breeder's around you :) so you don't need to pay the shipping ;D
I totally would, but I don't know of any around me!
KasaraWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 10:26 PM   #2794 
betta lover1507

Mr.V is also in Colorado to, you can ask him
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 10:26 PM   #2795 
JKfish

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...shm&1337655443

Not the best fins or form, but his color! He's almost purple! O_o most of bettaakapes' steel blue betas have a very distinct purple hue. I just saw another with very nice fins.... Wwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnttttttt

Last edited by JKfish; 05-19-2012 at 10:31 PM.
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 10:40 PM   #2796 
KasaraWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by betta lover1507 View Post
Mr.V is also in Colorado to, you can ask him
o: I did not know that! XDD I will have to look into it! Thanks!
KasaraWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 10:43 PM   #2797 
betta lover1507

hehe :3 that's why they show the locations under your avi ;p lol
right now i think mr.v is working on the Opaque line too :) and i think marbles
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 01:59 AM   #2798 
MrVampire181

Bettas are big here in CO. I know of a breeder in Westminster working on reds, a breeder in Boulder, KadenJames on this forum is in the Springs, Linda Olson in Thornton(go through her when buying bettas on aquabid), and Im in Aurora. I know one other person will be starting their breeding project soon.

I work on reds, marbles, blues, whites, multi color, platinum, dragon, masked irids.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 07:11 AM   #2799 
Danibunkins

Darn you all for introducing me to AquaBid. Darn you all. ;)

Last edited by dramaqueen; 05-20-2012 at 12:38 PM.
Danibunkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 09:01 AM   #2800 
Cattitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiS View Post
Hey guys! I just recently bought two bettas to add to my collection off of Aquabid, but am unable to get ahold of the Canadian transshipper (seems like I have been waiting for ever for these guys to arrive, but it has only been about a week...)

Can't wait until they arrive. Anyone had problems with delays in shipping? Seems the last time I ordered one he was here almost right away...
You must be dealing with this guy: "Hung Pham ( topqualityfish@yahoo.ca ) phone 905-358-2525" as he's the only transhipper I've seen listed for Canada.

I bought a betta at the end of April, and he told me his next shipment is at the end of May. He offered to meet me in Mississauga to deliver the fish but hasn't told me his price (I asked but he didn't answer that question).

I've found he's not the greatest communicator and doesn't always reply right away to emails. If it's been a few days since you last emailed him, I'd suggest sending another message or even giving him a call. I plan to email him again next week asking for an exact meeting date.
Cattitude is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquabid, beautiful fish, fishy_fishy, i need more money, i need to win the lottery, why do i do this