Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-05-2012, 08:41 AM   #2931 
AFishTale

LOVING that blue & white, shame his anal is so long.
AFishTale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:08 AM   #2932 
Cattitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atena View Post
I notice that all the fish on aquabids are sold for breeding, would it be wrong to adopt one just to have him floating around?

I know it would be an expensive fish, but considering all the money we spend anyway on them, why not splurge on the fishie itself?
There's nothing wrong with buying a fish on AB just as a pet. The sellers don't care what you do with them as long as you give them a good home. I've bought two pets from AB. :3

Quote:
I noticed a lot of hem (at least the one I wanted) have very strange shipping policy that I don't really understand, like you have to arrange for pickup from the trans-shipper... anyone know what this means or have done it before?
It's illegal to import livestock from overseas without a permit, so the seller can't ship directly to you if they're in Thailand, Malaysia etc. That's what the transhipper does, he/she has a licence to import fish and the sellers ship to them. You pay the seller for the fish and there's usually a flat shipping fee from seller to transhipper, like $5. Then the transhipper ships the fish to you, or, if you live close to them they give you the option of picking up (cheaper for you). You pay the transhipper a fee for their service plus any shipping fees if they ship to you.

I would suggest if you're thinking of buying an AB fish, check the ad for the fish you want for the transhipper listed in your area. Contact them and ask what their fees would be, so you at least have an idea before purchasing the fish. Also find out when their next shipping date is. They ship and receive large numbers of fish at a time, on a schedule.

You can also find fish from US breeders, they don't need a transhipper and can just ship the fish to you directly. You just pay for the fish and the shipping fees.
Cattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:40 AM   #2933 
newarkhiphop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeniex View Post

newarkhiphop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:19 AM   #2934 
Atena

Thank you so much Cattitude for explaining that. It would have taken me a while to figure out. Turns out there is transshipper right here in Miami so I can get one anywhere.

I am not looking at the moment, but I have been told repeatedly that guppy is an elderly fish, and I want him to have a happy and long life... but when the inevitable happens, I want another special fish and all the ones posted here are very inspiring.
Atena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:07 AM   #2935 
Luimeril

Quote:
Thank you so much Cattitude for explaining that. It would have taken me a while to figure out. Turns out there is transshipper right here in Miami so I can get one anywhere.

I am not looking at the moment, but I have been told repeatedly that guppy is an elderly fish, and I want him to have a happy and long life... but when the inevitable happens, I want another special fish and all the ones posted here are very inspiring.
my first aquabid fish wasn't even imported. i found a seller in the US, and bought Todd from him. :V here's one of the bettas from Todd's seller's wife. :V

and his auction http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...asd&1339120988

i totally would. 8I if i had the money.
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:34 AM   #2936 
lelei

I am not into breeding..so if I ordered from AB..It would be my Dreamfishy..a pet..and I would spoil him rotten..pretty much like the one I have now..lol..but It is quite the procesx to order from AB..A few here on this forum do. So they would be able to explain how it works..I belleive they ship from Thailand to someone in US..and then that person ships to yu..:)
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:50 AM   #2937 
Nymmers

Transhipping/Buying over sees is just as expensive as buying from a proper breeder here in the US. Give/Take about 10-20. It's really simple process. Before I did it, I asked tons of questions, but I still didn't understand, so finally I just dived in head first, and everything worked out perfection. You buy the fish, either buy it now/place a bid. Once the auction ends, you use paypal (generally) to pay for the fish (including tranship fees, $5) then you pick a transhipper. They usually have a list in the description of the fish, I highly recommend Jennifer Viveiros. The fish is then shipped to Jennifer. You pay her the shipping costs (priority or over night $20+) Don't be afraid of priority, I have shipped priority several times and to this date have not had a DOA. However, I only choose priority if I'm under 10HRs away, because generally then it won't take more that 2 days. I'll use express for anything further. And, that is it! There is nothing wrong with buying a pet on AB, but it is actually better if you buy more than one fish as you save on shipping costs. If you buy one fish, that one fish could cost you $50 (with express shipping) Sorry for the long post.

Anyway, this is me welcoming myself back the betta world, be absent for awhile, but I just purchased this beauty from Jennifer (someone abandoned an import, woo, lucky me!) I will be spawning him soon as I find myself a female. =)

Nymmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:57 AM   #2938 
MrVampire181

To whoever asked: Yes you can pick up from transshippers. I do it every few months. Heck I just picked up my red pair last week.

I believe the Miami transshipper is Pegasus. I have heard not so good things about him shipping wise though picking them up would be a different story.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:39 PM   #2939 
zombiegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junglist View Post
The beast I'm looking for...
I love this one. Reminds me of china.
zombiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:57 PM   #2940 
zombiegirl

I keep coming back to stare at this guy which is strange because I've never really liked plakats. Now that's pretty much all I'm looking at. Funny how that works.

zombiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquabid, beautiful fish, fishy_fishy, i need more money, i need to win the lottery, why do i do this