Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-02-2012, 08:40 PM   #3181 
Signature Farms

I don't know if I'm allowed to list the breeder, but you can find the poor fish on AB Under the veil tail section. He's listed as Red Cambodian Short Body.
Signature Farms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:38 PM   #3182 
ravenwinds

It would probably be all right in this instance to list breeder as all we have done here is look at fish and post our comments/opinions. We are not lying or spreading untruths.

Anyway, I have found listing for the poor fish. I have never bought from this breeder but I almost did once. It seems a surprise to me...his fish are usually good looking. I wonder...is there a real thing as a "short body" or is the breeder "inventing" a new type?
ravenwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:04 AM   #3183 
Phaydra

I looked up his listings too. The CTs he has listed seem a bit narrow in the back end to me and there is another that has a dip in his back listed as ready to breed. I wouldn't buy from him after the seeing the two deformed Bettas listed as ready to breed. Yeah I am up late hehe my Betta is being shipped tonight and I can't sleep
Phaydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:23 AM   #3184 
ravenwinds

I don't look at the CTs very often, but I agree: if there is more than one deformed fish he's selling, I wouldn't buy from him. I do worry that he is attempting to start the new craze...giants, big ears, SHORT BACK shovel nose....sad but I wouldn't doubt that there are some people out there going "oh, he's so cute!"
ravenwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:36 AM   #3185 
homegrown terror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaydra View Post
I looked up his listings too. The CTs he has listed seem a bit narrow in the back end to me and there is another that has a dip in his back listed as ready to breed. I wouldn't buy from him after the seeing the two deformed Bettas listed as ready to breed. Yeah I am up late hehe my Betta is being shipped tonight and I can't sleep
http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...sdt&1354790989 is that the dippy-backed one you were referring to? it's a shame because otherwise that would be a really pretty fish.
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:00 AM   #3186 
Hallyx
Reference Team

We do our fellow members no favors by withholding the names of breeders, either for praise or for criticism. Just my opinion.
Hallyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:54 AM   #3187 
Phaydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrown terror View Post
AquaBid.com - Item # fwbettasdt1354790989 - Black Red Copper Dragon DT. - Ends: Thu Dec 6 2012 - 04:49:49 AM CDT is that the dippy-backed one you were referring to? it's a shame because otherwise that would be a really pretty fish.
Yeah that's the one. Somsak_bettafarm is the sellers name.

AquaBid.com - Item # fwbettasvt1354875972 - Red Cambodian Short Body - Ends: Fri Dec 7 2012 - 04:26:12 AM CDT The pictures don't tell much and well without video how does a buyer even know if he can swim properly?
Phaydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:25 AM   #3188 
Fabian

Quote:

what?? looks like someone's trying to create a ryukin betta. that poor guy should have been culled a LONG while ago rather than forced to live like that, not to mention i'm sure SOMEONE out there will try to continue that line :(
I've seen some friends trying to breed culls to get new genes.
Kinda sad
Fabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:50 PM   #3189 
pittipuppylove

I'm usually not a huge fan of yellows, but I love this one. He has some fin damage that the seller says will grow back with time, but they really have him priced to move at $1 plus shipping.

Posted via Mobile Device
pittipuppylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:12 PM   #3190 
hannah16

Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrown terror View Post

what?? looks like someone's trying to create a ryukin betta. that poor guy should have been culled a LONG while ago rather than forced to live like that, not to mention i'm sure SOMEONE out there will try to continue that line :(

I personally feel like purchasing him just so no one else will for breeding purposes... Or if someone in the states purchased him, I'd buy him just for a pet. Because it be a shame for him to be bred...
hannah16 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquabid, beautiful fish, fishy_fishy, i need more money, i need to win the lottery, why do i do this