Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-15-2013, 09:18 PM   #3401 
ravenwinds

That's what I don't get: importing is easy! It costs within just $2-3 to buy in USA vs import from overseas...did the math...the fish in USA is usually about same quality (no breeder anywhere is going to sell their best...they breed and show with them!)...like I stated before: biggest amount of $ goes to shipping them Express USPS...which I will be doing regardless if they come from breeder in CA or TX, or if they are travelling from transhipper in CO...after all, it only costs about 7$ to have them sent from Thai breeder to my transhipper and that includes most "importation" costs!
My fish arrive healthy happy and gorgeous from Thailand, CA, TX, and CO!
ravenwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:24 PM   #3402 
aemaki09

The only reason I don't buy an import is because of the shipping costs. I have talked to all the transhippers near me and for priority shipping from any of them it would cost a minimum of $30 for 2 fish plus 15-35 for each fish. So $80 for 2 fish and shipping from Thailand to my door.
I wouldn't mind at all if I had that kind of cash to spend on having a fish shipped to me, but I don't, so I buy fish I don't have to import and pay $55 for two fish and shipping combined. It's a much better deal to me. Same quality just not usually as colorful as the fancies over seas.
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:15 PM   #3403 
ravenwinds

That is so much more than what I've paid shipping....but you do know: what I was trying to say was: from Thailand you are looking at about 10$ more per fish at most...most of shipping cost accrues in USA.
I've gone through 2 transhippers, will only use Linda Olson (have for a year now)...I also live in a "more expensive" state that USPS says costs more to ship to, so many people just automatically add $5 more to ship to me.
What you described is more than Linda charges me for Express...and many breeders as well...just got 4 fish from polukoff/bettascapes and that was less...
I've never gone through anyone who charged that much for 1-2 fish and then added so much more for an additional fish! You're right, if I was looking at that cost, I'd probably find a way to conserve some$. And I am guessing that if any of us had "money is no object" kind of riches, we wouldn't be drooling over fish pics on aquabid thread, but buying the fish!
Old 01-16-2013, 05:19 PM   #3404 
SQUIRT1216

Yea i agree. Lat time I paid for 4 aquabid fish (yes no less qualities than the ones you guys have been posting) and went through Linda, the total cost of shipping and fishes were $90 (express). I tipped her $20 but that definitely cheaper than that ridiculous $100 fish from ebay excluding shipping
SQUIRT1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:27 PM   #3405 
LittleBettaFish

Quickly someone bid on this darn fish before I do!

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...hmp&1358941794

I only have $120 in my bank account and importing him is going to cost me $40 +. Life is so unfair. My favourite colour and the dark eyes I love. *weeps* I think I need to go get another job.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:43 PM   #3406 
homegrown terror

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
Quickly someone bid on this darn fish before I do!

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...hmp&1358941794

I only have $120 in my bank account and importing him is going to cost me $40 +. Life is so unfair. My favourite colour and the dark eyes I love. *weeps* I think I need to go get another job.
he's beautiful! you should add that to the "that fish person" thread- when you consider getting a second job to buy more fish.
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:51 PM   #3407 
LittleBettaFish

I don't have a job currently haha. I used to have a nice big savings account from when I quit my last job and man I chewed through that so fast.

My new motto is no impulse buys. If I don't have a tank and a heater set-up already at home I don't get it.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:19 PM   #3408 
ravenwinds

Words to live by! Hhhmm ....no impulse buys.....
You have so much more willpower than me! :)

He is cute!
Old 01-17-2013, 04:20 PM   #3409 
Hershey

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...shm&1358605716

I love the colors on this guy, personally.
Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:29 PM   #3410 
SQUIRT1216

So is this bc of the lighting or this fish has two eyes color ?
http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...sct&1358752556
SQUIRT1216 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquabid, beautiful fish, fishy_fishy, i need more money, i need to win the lottery, why do i do this