Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-02-2013, 04:51 AM   #3761 
ravenwinds

Moonshadow: you can't go wrong with Chard...he's great to work with and his fish are beautiful!

Vizja13: everyone's taste is different and for most of us betta lover's taste seems to change everyday. Keeping that in mind, there is absolutely nothing wrong with buying Thai bettas....they are just not the "all that!" they are sometimes purported to be...and just 1 year ago, they were the only ones I could find from the breeder, so that's where I started and I got some NICE bettas to breed.
Again, keeping all this in mind, there is absolutely nothing wrong with buying from a more local breeder...if you have facebook, I hear that quite a few breeders sell their "nice" quality bettas are selling them on facebook and the like.....this leaves the "ok" and less for aquabid....which, again, is fine as long as you know this and, (you should be doing this no matter where they come from!) Look over the betta very strigently...making sure you're getting the absolute best fish for your money!
Now, once again, keeping in mind all the things I've said: are these the best blue/yellow bicolors out there? No! Their caudal fins are wonky, a bit short for their spreads, their fins are spiny not sharp/smooth like HMs should be. His anal fin is too long, so is hers and both their anal fins have a much more noticeably darker tint than all other fins...which is normal to some extent, but shouldn't be blarinly obvious. The top lines of these fish are malformed, crooked in one case.
My suggestion is to keep looking because you could do way better. If you are interested in looking to see what's available locally, check out: bettascapes.com or get in touch withRachel and Alex (from bettascapes) through this forum (you'd be amazed at how many IBC members/breeders frequent this site!). Alex has a thread "My bettas for sale" and his avatar name is Polukoff (sp??). I recently purchased some beautiful blue/purple/yellow bi and tricolors from Alex and Rachel to breed with my recently acquired Aquastar71 MG HM BF male (everyone calls them MG/Mustard Gas but that name is trade marked and misleading as there is no blue/purple in original MG bettas.
ravenwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:22 AM   #3762 
Vizja13

Oh, wow, thank you for the tips!!! I've been keeping an eye out for american fish, they seem to be posted so rarely though, and I didn't know of anywhere but aquabid and this forum to look. Thank you so much for pushing me in a better direction than shipping from Thailand :)

I love the colors on those fish, because they remind me of a painting, but I see what you mean with their structure, and as pretty as they are it would be wiser to seek out a better quality fish in the US.
Vizja13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:22 AM   #3763 
Catw0man

$500 for this guy...is he worth it?

Just saw this giant for $500....wow

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...shm&1362478564
Attached Images

Catw0man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:39 AM   #3764 
Vizja13

That MUST be mispriced... $500 is crazy!!! Beautiful fish though, I'd buy if I wanted giants...and he was $50!! Absolutely stunning.
Vizja13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:43 AM   #3765 
Catw0man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizja13 View Post
That MUST be mispriced... $500 is crazy!!! Beautiful fish though, I'd buy if I wanted giants...and he was $50!! Absolutely stunning.
Well, the seller has 3 others listed for the bargain price of $200....lol
Catw0man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:54 AM   #3766 
Viva

$500!?? That's kinda pricey, lol!
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:30 PM   #3767 
Chard56

Gosh I can't wait for my Giants to grow out so I can sell them for $500, NOT! What really irritates me is that someone will actually buy it just because they can.
Chard56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:32 PM   #3768 
MiyuMikaelson

It's an amazingly gorgeous fish, but $500? $200? Or even $100 for just the fish, not shipping? No thank you.
MiyuMikaelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:33 PM   #3769 
Hadoken Kitty

I like fish. I don't like them enough to pay more than a tank for them.
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:36 PM   #3770 
MiyuMikaelson

WANT.
:O
MiyuMikaelson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquabid, beautiful fish, fishy_fishy, i need more money, i need to win the lottery, why do i do this