Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-24-2013, 09:13 PM   #4441 
Janan

Syriiven, what fish do you get tomorrow? Do you already have the one that's in your avatar?
Janan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:16 PM   #4442 
Syriiven

Nu, the one in my avatar is the one that 'should' be arriving tomorrow. My first AquaBid fish, and I'm just not feeling all that well knowing Canada Post is handling it =/ They practically murdered fish last weekend that were sent to a friend.
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:21 PM   #4443 
percyfyshshelley

Can I ask why Canada Post? Hung sent mine fed ex. Like I said, at least it's fairly warm and even if here's a delay I'm sure your fish will be just fine. My fingers will be crossed for you! Dang, you should've just shipped it with mine!
percyfyshshelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:24 PM   #4444 
Syriiven

I had no idea, lol. A friend from Calgary got his today too, and was also shipped FedEx =/ So I dont know why mine's CP.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:26 PM   #4445 
percyfyshshelley

Puzzling...
Old 04-24-2013, 10:41 PM   #4446 
aemaki09

Just found this gorgeous giant boy...if he wasnt $130, he'd be mine right now :(

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?fwbettashm&1367063263

This boy is absolutely gorgeous too...Am tempted to bid on the guy, but his scales near his gills look wonky.. -- Orange Splash by Aquastar 71

Gorgeous little girl
http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...hmp&1367162571

Catwoman:: I saw that you bid on the black/gold Aquastar male. Thanks!! That convinced me not to bid 5 minutes ago...you can convince me not to bid on these guys too if youd like :)
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:05 PM   #4447 
percyfyshshelley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janan View Post
When are we going to see pictures, percyfyshshelley?
Oh don't worry there will be pix! right now I'm acclimating them slowly. I have them in their bags, set in empty cups, and I'm dripping a little bit of my water, treated with stress coat and IAL, every 15 minutes. So I can't g good pix right now but here's a few anyway. I'll post more on the photos thread later.
Fish have arrived!

A top view of a female.

Male peaking at me. Don't worry friend, you're going to get to be in a tank soon!
Old 04-24-2013, 11:26 PM   #4448 
Catw0man

Quote:
Originally Posted by percyfyshshelley View Post
I love that blue/yellow. He is on my watch list. The one you're bidding on iis amazing I hope you win!
Thanks, we'll see what happens! Congrats on your new fish!!! I picked up my few yesterday....which, being close to Hung's location, I can do. I too had a bad experience with Canada Post.....my shipment of 36 fish was delayed by an extra day in very cold weather. I was freaking out! Fortunately, only 3 were DOA (which was a huge surprise, I thought I'd have a box of 36 fish popsicles) and the rest were still toasty warm and perfectly fine. However, now that I've picked up 2 shipments instead of having them mailed, I can say that the sooner you get them, the better....for many reasons, but the main one is that they have less time in the little bag to bite their fins. I've noticed a big difference in fin condition with these 2 shipments that I've picked up compared to the 2 previous shipments that I got via Canada Post. Of course, those of you in Alberta don't have that option, but I would certainly recommend making the extra effort to pick your fish up if you live in Ontario.
Catw0man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:37 PM   #4449 
percyfyshshelley

Good point about fin biting. I got 9 females and one PK male, so all short fins. But when I get that blue/yellow fella (haha) I'll make sure I use fed ex again. Sorry you've had such biting issues but you're lucky you live close to our transhipper!
Old 04-24-2013, 11:39 PM   #4450 
Syriiven

Those look like beauties Percy!

So it'd be a good idea to treat his tank with StressCoat too, huh? I already have his 10g soaking with 3 IALs. I srsly don't want to shock this guy if he makes it to me.

Tags
aquabid, beautiful fish, fishy_fishy, i need more money, i need to win the lottery, why do i do this