Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-25-2013, 12:55 AM   #4451 
percyfyshshelley

stress coat-- I am definately not an expert but it seems like a lot of people on this forum recommend it, and I figured it couldn't hurt. I usually use Primd but decided to try Stress Coat this time, plus the IALs.
percyfyshshelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:56 AM   #4452 
Syriiven

Well prime's already in there, but stresscoat has the aloe, so....hmm.
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:10 AM   #4453 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

I'm sure Falcor will be fine. You don't have freezing cold weather down there and your mailman are different and with any luck, competent. I still cannot believe how they handled the package and treated us. Ugh. Is "FRAGILE. LIVE ANIMALS" not clear to them? Apparently not, because they mistreated it so badly that a bag broke (flooding the box and deactivating a heat pack). So what did they do? They threw it in a giant plastic bag with a generic apology on it. As you can tell, I am still bitter about my first and last cp experience. But Sy, the likelihood of the same thing happening to Falcor is low. Don't worry to much. Get some sleep tonight please! Yea, Alberta has a really strong betta community but like Sy said, we're all spread out. Meh, maybe one day we'll get an ibc chapter.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:13 AM   #4454 
aemaki09

Just wanted to add to what catwoman was saying about the sooner you get your fish the better.

So true!!! I have never imported before but I got these guys over nighted to me and they had barely lost any coloring, no tail biting, ate straight away, and acclimated very well.
Every other time I have used priority to get my fish in. Generally it takes 3 days, but can and has taken 5-6 days before. I have only ever had 1 package DOA and that was in the dead of winter, but generally I do recieve fish that are incredibly stressed. About 30% show up having tail-bit and about 75% show up with heavy color loss and take a long time to acclimate to their new environment.
So basically, I'm trying to attest to the fact that you should always do the fastest method you can afford. If you can only afford priority, chances are you will still get live and healthy fish, but express gives you vibrant, active, and as relaxed of fish as you can get after being shipped in a dark box in a small amount of water.
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:27 AM   #4455 
percyfyshshelley

Ugh Matt, that is a horrible story. So sorry that happened to you.
percyfyshshelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:28 AM   #4456 
Syriiven

Hung sends them overnight if possible, as I understand it. Mine's priority, but should be here tomorrow (2 dsys travel). Which is fast for CP, but I wasnt given a choice. He just sent it =\.

Anyways, I know I 'm prlly over-reacting cuz your story has me anxious, Matt. And i've dealt with cp before, and no one will be at the house tomorrow ( tho there is a clearly marked wooden box with a blanket for packages) and.... In my experience its when no one physically answers the door, FedEx and CP have both given me the run around. Not every time, but...

-sigh-
Old 04-25-2013, 05:13 AM   #4457 
logisticsguy

Cheering for you Syriiven. Falcor will be fine Im sure. I can understand your worry with Canada Post all to well.

Still very upset with them and feel like part of the family was lost for no good reason.
logisticsguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:41 AM   #4458 
Syriiven

I'm almost positive they'll be late. And if they're more than a day late, I wont see him till Monday. -_-; cuz as far as I know cp doesnt work on weekends.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:45 AM   #4459 
Hail0788

I might be getting him too. God he is pretty!
Attached Images

Hail0788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:52 AM   #4460 
Syriiven

Ohhh, i love his orange and blue!

Tags
aquabid, beautiful fish, fishy_fishy, i need more money, i need to win the lottery, why do i do this