Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-26-2013, 11:20 PM   #4521 
Catw0man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syriiven View Post
I'm sorry to report that the fish I had bought did not make it.

I dont think I'll repeat this experience. Thank you everyone who tried giving me hope and positive thoughts.
So sorry to hear that.....I've had a few fish arrive DOA and it's very sad. I felt a real sense of guilt, actually....like "oh, if only I hadn't bought you, then you'd still be alive!" And it's especially heartbreaking when it's the first fish you have bought that way. But please don't give up.....take a break maybe, but don't give up on Aquabid or buying imported fish. Out of all the fish I've bought (and that's quite a lot at this point!), only a very few didn't make it. Most were just fine and have been a joy to own!
Catw0man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:22 PM   #4522 
Syriiven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catw0man View Post
So sorry to hear that.....I've had a few fish arrive DOA and it's very sad. I felt a real sense of guilt, actually....like "oh, if only I hadn't bought you, then you'd still be alive!" And it's especially heartbreaking when it's the first fish you have bought that way. But please don't give up.....take a break maybe, but don't give up on Aquabid or buying imported fish. Out of all the fish I've bought (and that's quite a lot at this point!), only a very few didn't make it. Most were just fine and have been a joy to own!
Yea, but you don't live half a country away from Hung, which is why I'm re-thinking if I ever want to again. I'm trying not to feel guilty, I did everything in my power to get him ehre asap. Canada Post are just...idiots.
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:24 PM   #4523 
Catw0man

Quote:
Originally Posted by percyfyshshelley View Post
Not at all... And btw, of you do decide to get a "replacement" fish (I know that no fish can be replaced but I hope you know what I mean--if DOA you should be able to get another usually), you are welcome to ship him with mine, if that can be arranged. I have another group coming in a couple weeks, and I'll cover all the shipping costs.
Percy, I see you're bidding on that lovely FarmFish66 fishie! Hope you get him!!! I'm considering bidding on the gold one I posted on pg 451.
Catw0man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:43 PM   #4524 
percyfyshshelley

@catw0man, yes indeed I am! I've bid on some that were similar to him (MG types), but didn't win. I hope I get this one, he's sooo lovely. I may have purchased a few others as well. :) Two fish didn't make my last shipment (still alive and well in Thailand, being shipped in the next Thai-Canada shipment) so since I had to pay for shipping again anyway, figured why not add a few more? Lol I may be turning into you!
@Sy, don't blame yourself. Your fish made have been DOA no matter where he was shipped or how fast. It is very sad, I know. Again, I'm so sorry.
percyfyshshelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:46 PM   #4525 
Syriiven

Well if I ever fall in absolute love with another one, I might try to see fi I can get it in a shipment with someone else who has had better luck, like you Percy, or Logisitcsguy
Old 04-26-2013, 11:59 PM   #4526 
Bettafeathers

I love my fishies that I got from FarmFish66! Very nice fish indeed :) I love that gold one that you posted, Catwoman, he's a beaut.

I too am half a country from Hung - worried me sick and it was November in Alberta when I got mine. Canada Post LOST them, only in the end for me to have to pick them up from the post office when they were to be delivered. Poor guys were in a truck all day :( The one farthest from the heat pack was so cold...he died a week later. It really is heartbreaking. Syriiven, I'm so sorry. I do hope that you'll try AB in the future but I do understand your hesitations now (I have the same ones too).
Bettafeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:09 AM   #4527 
Syriiven

That makes ...eight? of us that I know are from Alberta.

Thank you Bettafeathers. My mind will prlly change when it's warmer and Ic an afford the shipping again.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:25 AM   #4528 
LittleBettaFish

I had a really nice betta DOA. The bottoms of both bags had exploded and he had fallen out into the newspaper and I found him dead like that. Luckily the other bettas in my parcel were alright.

It's a big kick in the guts to find them like that. Especially when it is a fish you really have your heart set on.

Sounds like the post there is pretty crap. Seems like a lot of lost parcels.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:26 AM   #4529 
Syriiven

Yea, you'd think a country that's had a spread out population for over a century would've devised a decent parcel service by now. =/
Old 04-27-2013, 12:30 AM   #4530 
LittleBettaFish

My parcels manage to make it the 1,685 or so kms to my house from where the bettas are. You would think in this day and age of technology and aeroplanes it would be very difficult for parcels to even get lost.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquabid, beautiful fish, fishy_fishy, i need more money, i need to win the lottery, why do i do this