Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-05-2013, 05:53 PM   #4701 
Catw0man

Quote:
Originally Posted by aemaki09 View Post
It was baibawbettas or something like that..I posted his link unde the pic
Baibuawbettas.....I must tell you that I've had 2 bad experiences with that seller. I've tried twice to buy a fish from them and both times it didn't happen.

The first time, after I had paid the fish wasn't in the shipment, I contacted the seller. He apologized and said that he couldn't send my fish because it was sick....and attached a picture of the "sick" fish. Except....the picture was NOT of the fish I'd bought! So, I asked for a refund and questioned why the picture was not the right fish. I got the refund, but no response to my question.

Then, a few weeks ago, I thought I'd give them the benefit of the doubt and try buying another fish (they do list some mighty attractive and unusual specimens). They never tried to contact me at all after I won the fish....not one email. If I hadn't had the previous bad experience, I of course would have contacted them myself to finalize the purchase. But, under the circumstances, I decided to wait and see. So, I never heard from them....and never ended up paying for the second fish at all.

I certainly won't bid on one of their fish again....their business practices seem "fishy" to me....lol. Just thought I'd let you all know of my experiences so you could take that into consideration. :)
Catw0man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:01 PM   #4702 
aemaki09

Catwoman!! I didn't know that -- thanks for the heads up! Definitely talked me right out of bidding on that boy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowntaillove3 View Post
It was Nitwit or Bettas2Day.
Which one were you originally talking about? The boy I posted today, or the yellow marble that I actually bought? The one I posted today was Baibuawbettas, the yellow that I bought is from betta2day

Quote:
Originally Posted by wah543 View Post
Quick question, I've only bought bettas on AB from Chard, I'm just wondering how much lets say a betta that's $20 from a non US seller would cost overall after all shipping and everything is taken care of
total would genarlly run you about $50 for a single fish. Price of fish, $20, shipping to the US $5, and then a $5 box fee from transhipper, plus around a $3-4 handling fee per fish, then $15ish for shipping. It's smarter to buy multiple imports at once that way the cost of importing gets spread over multiple fish. You're paying around $50 for the first fish and than only $8-9 per each additional fish. ($5 from seller, $3-4 fee from transhipper).
My total for importing 3 fish from the transhipper to me was $46(ish) for overnight through UPS from Julie Tran, $15 for shipping fees from seller to transhipper, and then of course the cost of each fish.
It's somewhat pricey, but if you can afford it, it's definitely worth it!
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:17 PM   #4703 
crowntaillove3

I was talking about the one you bought. I entered a contest where the prize is one aquabid betta for 60$ or less, and I wanted to see if there were any other ones from the same spawn that looked like him. And yeah, it was Betta2Day.
crowntaillove3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:19 PM   #4704 
Catw0man

@aemaki09 I just wouldn't have felt comfortable if I hadn't let you know of my experiences....I mean, there may be others who have had a positive outcome with this seller (they do have some positive feedback...), but I certainly didn't. I don't like to speak badly of others...maybe there is some explanation for how they've dealt with me....but, I would feel horrible if you went ahead and bought the fish and had something similar happen to you.
Catw0man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:27 PM   #4705 
wah543

Quote:
Originally Posted by aemaki09 View Post
Catwoman!! I didn't know that -- thanks for the heads up! Definitely talked me right out of bidding on that boy!

Which one were you originally talking about? The boy I posted today, or the yellow marble that I actually bought? The one I posted today was Baibuawbettas, the yellow that I bought is from betta2day

total would genarlly run you about $50 for a single fish. Price of fish, $20, shipping to the US $5, and then a $5 box fee from transhipper, plus around a $3-4 handling fee per fish, then $15ish for shipping. It's smarter to buy multiple imports at once that way the cost of importing gets spread over multiple fish. You're paying around $50 for the first fish and than only $8-9 per each additional fish. ($5 from seller, $3-4 fee from transhipper).
My total for importing 3 fish from the transhipper to me was $46(ish) for overnight through UPS from Julie Tran, $15 for shipping fees from seller to transhipper, and then of course the cost of each fish.
It's somewhat pricey, but if you can afford it, it's definitely worth it!
Oh god that's not happening anytime soon, maybe one day when I'm rich
wah543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:35 PM   #4706 
aquagreen

Yup, pretty pricey. As great as these fish are I think I'll stick to my local Petsmart...I saw so many pretty bettas there yesterday.
aquagreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:36 PM   #4707 
aemaki09

Quote:
Originally Posted by wah543 View Post
Oh god that's not happening anytime soon, maybe one day when I'm rich
Haha, yeah! It's pricey! I can't really afford to do it either, which is why I never did it until a couple weeks ago. Now I'm hooked. This will be my last shipment fr a while though.

Catwoman: thank you. I would be irate if I had to deal with a seller that pulled that crap. Actually, I think I'm dealing with one right now, but with plecos. Seller hasn't contacted me in 4 days since winning the auction. I know with my auctions, I keep a close eye on them and know when they are ending so that I can contact the buyer straight away and get things shipped as fast as possible..I don't know why other people don't want to do the same.
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:54 AM   #4708 
Starchild21

Oh god he is so beautiful! I can't even..
Starchild21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:55 PM   #4709 
erinbirdsong

I bought this beauty today! I could not pass up his tye dye look. So unusual! I can't wait to get him here. It is my 1st Aquabid purchase.
Attached Images

erinbirdsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:37 PM   #4710 
Raincloud

OoOoOoh, he is pretty! Are you going to name him Ty? hee hee or Thai?
Raincloud is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquabid, beautiful fish, fishy_fishy, i need more money, i need to win the lottery, why do i do this