Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-16-2013, 01:34 AM   #4881 
Senshine

I would much rather get a better betta. I've never bought on Aquabid before, (price wise) would it be better to use the buy it now button, or bid and hope no one else does?
Senshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:35 AM   #4882 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Pfft I don't know. I am not the person to talk to about aquabid lol!
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 02:43 AM   #4883 
aemaki09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senshine View Post
I would much rather get a better betta. I've never bought on Aquabid before, (price wise) would it be better to use the buy it now button, or bid and hope no one else does?

depends on the fish.

Generally it'll end up being cheaper to bid, usually you'll get the fish for the original bid price. But occasioanlly, when it's a fish you really want, it may be better to BIN just to save your nerves.

I almost always bid, unless it's only a couple dollars difference, some sellers put the BIN at over double what the original bid and that just seems rediculous to me.
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 02:50 AM   #4884 
Senshine

It is this fish:
http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...shm&1369221691
The starting bid is 20$ and the BIN is $35. I would prefer to pay $20 but I'd really like her too.
Old 05-16-2013, 03:18 AM   #4885 
aemaki09

That's an iffy one, she's got good form and great coloring from what I can tell, so there will be interest although I don't know about any bids

If it were me, I'd bid, but put $35 in the bid field. It'll show up as $20 but if anyone else bids you'll be okay because you're first bid was still higher. Unless someone gets ballsy and bids $36
Old 05-16-2013, 03:27 AM   #4886 
Senshine

Wow thank you so much! I'm going to wait until tomorrow for sure, but should I wait any longer to make the bid? I just feel like if I make a bid sooner that someone else will be more inclined to bid heh. Would it be a good idea to bid $36, just incase someone else bids $35?
Old 05-16-2013, 03:44 AM   #4887 
aemaki09

It's all up to you.
If it were me, I'd bid straight away so that no one else can BIN it from under your nose.
You can bid $36, but I don't know how many people would go $15 over the original bid price for their first time anyway.
If anyone were to outbid, then you'd get an e-mail notification right away to re-bid, so if anything, just keep a close eye on your e-mails, or her auction during the last hour
Old 05-16-2013, 09:13 AM   #4888 
Catw0man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senshine View Post
In this case, I would contact the seller and ask if you could work something out prior to the end of the auction.....only because our Canadian transhipper's next ship date is May 19 and the auction won't end before that. I'm sure you'd want to get her as soon as you can. I'm restraining myself from buying her since you want her so much! lol.....

Siwat (3dbettas) listed another yellow girl today, but she's not as bright....very clean yellow though.

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...shm&1369303958
Attached Images

Catw0man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:34 AM   #4889 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Catwoman how many females do you have/are getting?
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:57 AM   #4890 
Senshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catw0man View Post
In this case, I would contact the seller and ask if you could work something out prior to the end of the auction.....only because our Canadian transhipper's next ship date is May 19 and the auction won't end before that. I'm sure you'd want to get her as soon as you can. I'm restraining myself from buying her since you want her so much! lol.....

Siwat (3dbettas) listed another yellow girl today, but she's not as bright....very clean yellow though.

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...shm&1369303958
That's so nice of you Catwoman.. I'm not sure many people would do that :) I like the darker colour better, but the lighter one looks like it has a cleaner body line if that makes sense. I just want a good quality yellow girl

Tags
aquabid, beautiful fish, fishy_fishy, i need more money, i need to win the lottery, why do i do this