Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-16-2013, 10:40 AM   #4901 
Minnieservis

Quote:
Originally Posted by aemaki09 View Post
Yeah, I am bidding on her, so please don't bid me up. I already have my max bid pretty high but she's so unique I'm kind of worrie that I'll have to go that high for her
No worries I can't afford her anyway :) please post pictures when you get her!!
Minnieservis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:41 AM   #4902 
Skyewillow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catw0man View Post
I think aemaki09 is bidding on her, Minnie.....
yea, Aemaki originally bid on her for me so we could share shipping and save some money, and she fell for her. So we placed a bid on this girl, and someone outbid me. I'm bummed out because I'm 90% sure they've set an autobid, and unfortunately I can't afford to outbid them.
http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...sdt&1369437415
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:42 AM   #4903 
aemaki09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senshine View Post
Would they let you know of the discount or free fish beforehand or is it like a little surprise? And if all the fish are being sent to the same transhipper, do you only have to pay the shipping fee once? Should I be pming you these questions?
If they discount you, you'll have to ask for it after you win an auction from them or while you are bidding. They usually won't discount unless you ask and only if you've been a good repeat customer, or are buying multiple fish this round, so don't get your hopes up too high.
You will only have to pay the shipping and box fee once, but will have to pay the handling fee for each individual fish. At my Transhipper it comes to about $10-12 per fish.
You also have to pay the $5-7 per each individual fish which is the shipping fee from Thailand to you.
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:46 AM   #4904 
Catw0man

Quote:
Yeah, I am bidding on her, so please don't bid me up. I already have my max bid pretty high but she's so unique I'm kind of worrie that I'll have to go that high for her
Hope you get her! Took me a minute to figure out who was bidding, but I knew I'd seen that user name on Aquabid before from someone on the forum...lol. She's really unusual!
Catw0man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:06 AM   #4905 
Senshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catw0man View Post
I think it's ok to ask here, Senshine.....others might have the same questions.

The times I've gotten a discount or free fish, it's been a surprise. If you're thinking of buying a bunch from the same seller, I would ask before you bid and see what kind of deal they might be willing to make.

The transhipper has several charges:

1.) Postage (I would bypass Canada Post in your case and ask about FedEx or something like that....Canada Post is NOT very good at delivering fish!)
2.) Box fee (usually $5 or so for the Styrofoam box fish are shipped to you in)
3.) Heat packs ($10 for 3 or $4 each.....depends on the number of fish....and, of course, the weather)
4.) Import fees ($10 PER fish.....this is what adds up when you buy multiple fish.....it's like a handling fee.....and very expensive in Canada since there's only one transhipper that I know of and no competition driving the price down to something more reasonable like in the U.S. where it's only $2 or $3 per fish).
If I do decide to buy a bunch I will definitely contact them then. I contacted Hung (the transhipper) a while ago and he said that the transhipping cost is $10, and Canada post fee is $50 for up to 6 fish. So I would still have to pay for the heat pack, box, and the fee from Thailand?

Quote:
If they discount you, you'll have to ask for it after you win an auction from them or while you are bidding. They usually won't discount unless you ask and only if you've been a good repeat customer, or are buying multiple fish this round, so don't get your hopes up too high.
You will only have to pay the shipping and box fee once, but will have to pay the handling fee for each individual fish. At my Transhipper it comes to about $10-12 per fish.
You also have to pay the $5-7 per each individual fish which is the shipping fee from Thailand to you.
For only paying the box fee once, is that the case if you are buying multiple fish from different sellers? Or only if you buy from the same one?
Senshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:15 AM   #4906 
aemaki09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senshine View Post
If I do decide to buy a bunch I will definitely contact them then. I contacted Hung (the transhipper) a while ago and he said that the transhipping cost is $10, and Canada post fee is $50 for up to 6 fish. So I would still have to pay for the heat pack, box, and the fee from Thailand?

For only paying the box fee once, is that the case if you are buying multiple fish from different sellers? Or only if you buy from the same one?
It's for up to 6 fish from any or multiple seller/s. It's for the box that the Transhipper uses.
The $5-7 fee is for every fish even from the same seller, it helps cover their cost
For air cargofrom thailand to the US/Canada
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:19 AM   #4907 
Senshine

If its over 6 fish do you have to pay separate shipping for any extra fish? Is the $5-7 fee the same as the $10 transhipping cost Hung had mentioned? Sorry for all the questions!
Senshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:29 AM   #4908 
peachii

OH MY ... !!! .. !!

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...hmp&1368808110

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...hmp&1368723610

Pink! One day..
peachii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:27 PM   #4909 
TurtleBarb

I just got this beauty from Aquabids as a birthday present. My first Aquabids experience. His name is Asta. He arrived yesterday. He's already blowing bubbles. :)
Attached Images

TurtleBarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:32 PM   #4910 
Skyewillow

He's awesome, Turtlebarb!
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquabid, beautiful fish, fishy_fishy, i need more money, i need to win the lottery, why do i do this