Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-27-2013, 10:11 PM   #5361 
Senshine

There are some of Aquastars fish that I would like to bid on but their auctions don't work for me o.0
Here is a screen cap of what all the auctions look like:
Senshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:11 PM   #5362 
LizbethDawn

Aha hail she looks like a bumble bee that's too cute!
LizbethDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:13 PM   #5363 
aemaki09

Chard-- I noticed the same thing a couple weeks ago. Even though they don't look much alike, I would feel kind of honored that people like your branding enough to want to copy it. It does suck though. Being one to come up with the original and having others follow suit.
Maybe you should raise your prices ;)

Also wanted to add that I've had the most negative experience ever with the seller showroombetta this import round. I will NEVER purchase from him again.
First he tells me he made a mistake - when I ask him what the mistake was, he tells me that he thought the fish was to be sent on June 27th rather than May 27th (today). This aggravated me so badly! I replied to him saying something along the lines of, so I have to pay for transhipping services again because you can't get something out on time? He had 5 days notice, which I know, isn't the best amt of time, but I made it clear that he should be sent to Linda on May 27th like 6 times because he asked that many times.
After I send my last reply to him I then e-mailed the transhipper that I would only be receiving 6 bettas rather than the 7 I had paid for, just so she didn't go searching around for the 7th and not find it. I got a reply from her and everything was good for that.
But now, again, I get another e-mail from the seller saying that I misunderstood, the betta was sent yesterday and that he should be to me in 2-3 days.

Why go through all the hassle of telling me that he made a mistake and I wasn't getting the betta this shipment, when in reality he had already sent it before letting me know!?

I'm glad I'm goingn to be getting him (if in fact it is the correct fish because he did at one point say he sent me wrong something) but holy crap, what an anxiety filled hassle.

Just wanted to put this experience out there so that you guys could make your own choices as to whether you'd like to buy from him or not.

I'll find out wednesday/thursday whether or not I have the correct fsh.
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:24 PM   #5364 
AyalaCookiejar

The language barrier gets to me. Really. I've met some very nice breeders from overseas but they can be very hard to understand.

Also, I think Chard's bettas are amazing and could probably be sold for more but I am thankful that I was able to get 4 of his girls for a very decent price, and without transhipping, I saved even more. Plus, all 4 of my girls are still doing amazing and of the 3 I got from a different breeder, I only have 1 left.

I think I might just stick to American breeders and pet store fish for right now, since I only have pet fish and I don't breed. Plus, I feel bad for those little pet store fish because they're in tiny cups :( at least the AB fish are in good care.

But I would not purchase girls for a sorority from pet stores. It's the only reason I've ever bought from breeders, anyways.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:34 PM   #5365 
LizbethDawn

I only look at US breeders fish because transhipping scares me and it's more money. That and I would rather support the breeders here in hopes that we'll see more with nice fish.
LizbethDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:58 PM   #5366 
Chard56

Quote:
Originally Posted by aemaki09 View Post
Chard-- I noticed the same thing a couple weeks ago. Even though they don't look much alike, I would feel kind of honored that people like your branding enough to want to copy it. It does suck though. Being one to come up with the original and having others follow suit.
Maybe you should raise your prices ;)

Also wanted to add that I've had the most negative experience ever with the seller showroombetta this import round. I will NEVER purchase from him again.
First he tells me he made a mistake - when I ask him what the mistake was, he tells me that he thought the fish was to be sent on June 27th rather than May 27th (today). This aggravated me so badly! I replied to him saying something along the lines of, so I have to pay for transhipping services again because you can't get something out on time? He had 5 days notice, which I know, isn't the best amt of time, but I made it clear that he should be sent to Linda on May 27th like 6 times because he asked that many times.
After I send my last reply to him I then e-mailed the transhipper that I would only be receiving 6 bettas rather than the 7 I had paid for, just so she didn't go searching around for the 7th and not find it. I got a reply from her and everything was good for that.
But now, again, I get another e-mail from the seller saying that I misunderstood, the betta was sent yesterday and that he should be to me in 2-3 days.

Why go through all the hassle of telling me that he made a mistake and I wasn't getting the betta this shipment, when in reality he had already sent it before letting me know!?

I'm glad I'm goingn to be getting him (if in fact it is the correct fish because he did at one point say he sent me wrong something) but holy crap, what an anxiety filled hassle.

Just wanted to put this experience out there so that you guys could make your own choices as to whether you'd like to buy from him or not.

I'll find out wednesday/thursday whether or not I have the correct fsh.
I don't mind that they use my term or name for a certain color, I just think it's funny. That has happened several times. I had a spawn of Blue Halfmoon Plakats a few years ago and half of them had Blue and Red finnage with a Black egding. Hence, Blue Devils. Anytime I have a Betta with the base color with Red in the finnage and a Black edge I consider that a Devil. What was funny was that for a while after I was selling my Blue Devils other breeders were selling anything with Red Wash as a Devil. In something of a defense for the mix-up I can understand from the sellers viewpoint in that it is hard, at least for me being the only one to deal with every single buyer by myself; to keep track of all the ones sold and the different names. Especially when I get 2 or 3 buyers in the same week with same first names or similar usernames and then there's their forum name when I sell to a forum member. If they use a friend or family members paypal account or I cashed their check or money order and where did I write that down. OMG!!! I need a better system but I wouldn't know where to start.
Chard56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:09 PM   #5367 
Atena

Yes you do.

Maybe you are just very good at coming up with good names?

Imitation is after all, the highest form of flattery.
Atena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:26 PM   #5368 
Catw0man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atena View Post
I just ordered my first betta on aquabids...

isn't she a pretty little princess!

I am so excited, she ships on June 18th.

Atena :)
She's gorgeous! She looks just like my first girl that I got last month....so I know you're going to love her! Congrats!
Catw0man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 04:30 AM   #5369 
ravenwinds

Aylacookiejar: I feel sorry for pet shop bettas too (i'm always rescuing 1 or 2 when I go to petco...they get their bettas, even the King sized ones, in a little plastic bag triangle about 3inchesx1.5inches. Then they are transferred to the cups when they get to store. I have a King betta that I had to rescue: bettas still in their triangles when I browsed through fish section and I noticed that the King sized guy could not immerse himself completely no matter how he turned in that little sac :(

Deanna(sorry if spelled wrong): that beautiful white female w/blue/green fins...I was first bidder and I want to get her so bad, but I can't fathom paying over $50 for 1 fish...and that would be before transhipper costs :(

Aemaki: sorry for all problems w/ Pinwheel :(....I'll send positive thoughts for him arriving to you safely! I told you of difficulties w/farmfish, well now I have no idea what's coming..after sending my Pinwheel (replacement) to Singapore, he offered a copper gold female as an apology. I accepted, he wrote back "reminding" me to pay for the copper male...I wrote him, confused as I never bid on a copper from him...told him I was expecting a pair of "green syn yellow" HMPKs that I had already purchased, but I had no bids on copper male....I reminded him of the male white/yellow/blue-green that I won but he had sent to His New home in Singapore and therefore couldn't really send to me, and that he was offering the gold copper in apology for this (also questioned why he couldn't send the fish to my transhipper from Singapore). He wrote back "oh, okay. So I'll send just that pair in this shipment. Talk to you later! Paradorn."...
So, why offer a fish as apology, just to rescind offer. And you'd think he could have done a bit of research to know if I was getting any other bettas from him. Or at least offer me a betta similar to the one i won but he wasn't going to send me!
ravenwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 04:35 AM   #5370 
keepsmiling

I saw this guy and liked him a lot. Never kept a wild, is there anything different to know?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
This is a nice male. He says he would like to come home with his female and be spoiled with blackworms.

keepsmiling is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquabid, beautiful fish, fishy_fishy, i need more money, i need to win the lottery, why do i do this