Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-31-2013, 09:02 PM   #5521 
LittleBettaFish

Yeah that is why you have to be in first with your BIN haha. I understand not wanting to pay more, but sometimes I think it is worth it if it is a fish that you couldn't stand to lose.

Congrats on winning the three females though. I would definitely have a sorority of Majcha Farm females if I was still keeping splendens. They produce some really unusually coloured fish.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:07 PM   #5522 
Skyewillow

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
Yeah that is why you have to be in first with your BIN haha. I understand not wanting to pay more, but sometimes I think it is worth it if it is a fish that you couldn't stand to lose.
man it's torture though when there is no BIN option! I was so anxious the whole time I was waiting on the auctions on my girls, I considered emailing the seller and just paying the extra to end the auction early! I was worried that someone else would buy my spoon headed girls, no matter how incorrect they are!
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:47 PM   #5523 
LittleBettaFish

Yeah I always get near the end of an auction and am like "Refresh page! Refresh!" just to make sure no one has snuck in with a higher bid.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 11:22 PM   #5524 
ravenwinds

Yes, on AB I am 1ravenwinds13....most of time I BIN since usually not over $10 more,sometimes I won't look at auctions where the seller doesn't have BIN....in fact, unless I see something in the thumbnail that compels me, I won't look at fish that are already bid on.

I guess I'm not much of an auction kind of girl, despite all the evidence to the contrary; out of 290+ transactions on Aquabid, think I've only bid AGAINST someone twice! Lately though, more people are snatching bettas right out from under me at end of auction....(does anyone else think its kind of sneaky and a bit mean to "steal" an auction in last half hour or so? I don't usually have an issue with it if it's done at least 1hr before end of auction...that way, it gives the original bidder time to decide if they want to up their bid...

I LOVE Majcha! We've been pen pals since I won one of his 1st auctions for a male OHM gold orange platinum dragons...he used some sweet phrase with the bettas descriptive name...something like sugar coated...
The only issue I have with Majcha is his BIN price is sometimes double of start price. So, if the BIN is that inflated, I will only buy it if I don't want to live w/o it. The rest of them, I have to just bid on in hopes that I'll win the auction anyway.
ravenwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 11:36 PM   #5525 
AyalaCookiejar

I would definitely be mad if someone "stole" an auction from me in the last half hour, but at the same time, I can see WHY someone would. I mean, they're likely to spend less money if they steal the auction clear at the end versus bidding early and getting into a bid war with someone.

And then maybe (not likely, but maybe) they didn't see the fish until clear at the end of the auction.

I'd still be mad but they probably wouldn't do it out of malicious intent. I think it's more unfair than rude, but an auction IS an auction. It's not really like they did it illegally and in a way that puts them at an advantage. They just happened to be the ones by the computer at the end of an auction. If that makes sense?

But by all means, it doesn't mean you can't be mad. That's natural especially if you REALLY liked the fish!
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 12:29 AM   #5526 
Catw0man

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsBettas View Post
Catwoman move to Alberta... Four breeders and more to come. Lol.

Good luck on that girl senshine!
Hey, Matt, are you bidding on any fishies? I just saw a new bidder with "Matt" in the name and wondered.....I think we need a sticky thread where everyone can put their Aquabid user names (if different from their names here) so we don't end up bidding on each other's fish by accident. I will certainly outbid someone I don't know if I really want a fish (especially Mech21 who always tries to get my fish! Gosh darn it....) but I would never do that to anyone I'd met here.
Catw0man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 12:32 AM   #5527 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Lol nope. Space is at a premium and aquabid is too expensive for me unless I do a group buy.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 12:35 AM   #5528 
Senshine

What exactly is a group buy?
Senshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 12:38 AM   #5529 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Nothing formal, just a few keepers who live close together doing a shipment together to save on shipping.

Last edited by MattsBettas; 06-01-2013 at 12:51 AM.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 12:54 AM   #5530 
Catw0man

For some reason, I love these guys by 3dbettas

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...hmp&1370610971

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...hmp&1370611039
Attached Images

Last edited by Catw0man; 06-01-2013 at 12:56 AM.
Catw0man is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquabid, beautiful fish, fishy_fishy, i need more money, i need to win the lottery, why do i do this