Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-08-2013, 02:50 AM   #5881 
ravenwinds

Senshine: I almost bought the 2nd boy w/blue & orange patches...I, too (Matt), love his dalmation spots of dark orange!
I bought a petco "King" betta....mostly dark blue plakat w/some red wash...they don't sell females so I've been contemplating getting a "giant" female but none have spoken to me (is it just me or do they have horrible finnage and lines on the giants...sometimes I don't "get" the craze over giant bettas!). My "king" looks like a giant, is 3inches long, and was an awesome father of over 150 fry (bred him to a normal red girl)...I swear he didn't eat 1 egg, was always cleaning/rearranging his brood..He was the one I rescued the day he arrived at our petco...they were busy and hadn't put the new shipment of bettas in their cups....they come in little (2inch) plastic bag triangles...like they "food saver" melt the 2 edges together making a tiny triangle that the regular HMs have difficulties getting comfortable.....there was no way a "king" or "giant" would be able to handle it....it was so sickening!....he couldn't keep all of his body in water at same time!
ravenwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 02:58 AM   #5882 
Senshine

Isn't he cute? If that guy doesn't get back to me by tomorrow I think I'll bid on him.
That's so horrible! I'm glad your guy was such a good dad though:)

Does anyone know if you have to pay extra for the seller to take an auction down if it has no bids? I'd rather not get into a bidding war, and I don't want to BIN for over $10 over the starting bid.

Last edited by Senshine; 06-08-2013 at 03:09 AM.
Senshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:59 AM   #5883 
keepsmiling

Oh my! I just got word that both shipments of my bettas are delayed. The white one will be June 21st, and the blue one in July.
keepsmiling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 01:23 PM   #5884 
Catw0man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senshine View Post
Isn't he cute? If that guy doesn't get back to me by tomorrow I think I'll bid on him.
That's so horrible! I'm glad your guy was such a good dad though:)

Does anyone know if you have to pay extra for the seller to take an auction down if it has no bids? I'd rather not get into a bidding war, and I don't want to BIN for over $10 over the starting bid.
All you can do is ask....I think some sellers would be quite accommodating (like Siwat), but others not so much. Also, they may charge a couple of dollars more than the starting bid. They get more accommodating the closer they get to the buyer's ship date....lol....if they want the auction to be over sooner so they can ship the fish on your date.
Catw0man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 01:25 PM   #5885 
Deanna01

Keepsmiling, were you using different transshippers? Why were they delayed to different dates? That really sucks. I'm sorry to hear. :-/
Deanna01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 01:36 PM   #5886 
Hadoken Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepsmiling View Post
Oh my! I just got word that both shipments of my bettas are delayed. The white one will be June 21st, and the blue one in July.
OMG I just got a FB message from my seller telling me that his transhipper won't ship until July. </3
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 03:26 PM   #5887 
Senshine

What would be a good offer for that boy? He was won for $19.. Would $25 be generous enough?
Senshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 03:44 PM   #5888 
keepsmiling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deanna01 View Post
Keepsmiling, were you using different transshippers? Why were they delayed to different dates? That really sucks. I'm sorry to hear. :-/
Yes, Linda and Jennifer. I tried to sync them up, but I already had Jennifer in place for the first one, and the seller on the second one is in Indonesia and wasn't shipping anything else to her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken Kitty View Post
OMG I just got a FB message from my seller telling me that his transhipper won't ship until July. </3
You must be in the same boat as me.

For me as long as the fish are in safe hands, I am ok with it. It gives me more time to cycle and settle the tanks.
Old 06-08-2013, 04:12 PM   #5889 
keepsmiling

Another thought, why would they ship fish so close to a Holiday?
Old 06-08-2013, 06:16 PM   #5890 
Hadoken Kitty

I believe it is due to the upcomming IBC convention. Most transhippers will attend this, along with most breeders.

Also, I don't think our freedom holiday applies to any other country. :P
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquabid, beautiful fish, fishy_fishy, i need more money, i need to win the lottery, why do i do this