Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-08-2013, 10:38 PM   #5901 
Fenghuang

I totally laughed too. Especially at the housecat part.

I feel horrible for the pretty fishies that get lost though. If they get lost.
Fenghuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:47 PM   #5902 
AyalaCookiejar

Well IF what's actually going on is the breeder sells the fish to someone after the auction ended because they offered more money... Can you blame them? I mean caring for that many fish alone is going to take a lot of time, and then listing them all, getting pictures, and getting them all organized and shipped... Can't imagine they have time for another job. Have to make a living somehow, right?

And it's probably very likely that they have hundreds or thousands of fish at a time. Trying to move all of them plus everything you own across a country? I would NOT be surprised if some got lost or died during all of that confusion. I've had to move 5 fish a couple blocks from one house to another and it was a PITA. Still trying to figure out how I'm going to move 7 from here to my new apartment in a month or so with the tanks and all my other crap I own, re-setting up tanks, filters, heaters, and lights and still worrying about the fish keeping a consistent temp and the live plants. I'm freaking out just thinking about it.

If they came up with a random excuse that made little sense... I can see, but if they're in the middle of moving? Things get lost all the time.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:23 AM   #5903 
Hadoken Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyalaCookiejar View Post
Well IF what's actually going on is the breeder sells the fish to someone after the auction ended because they offered more money... Can you blame them? I mean caring for that many fish alone is going to take a lot of time, and then listing them all, getting pictures, and getting them all organized and shipped... Can't imagine they have time for another job. Have to make a living somehow, right?

And it's probably very likely that they have hundreds or thousands of fish at a time. Trying to move all of them plus everything you own across a country? I would NOT be surprised if some got lost or died during all of that confusion. I've had to move 5 fish a couple blocks from one house to another and it was a PITA. Still trying to figure out how I'm going to move 7 from here to my new apartment in a month or so with the tanks and all my other crap I own, re-setting up tanks, filters, heaters, and lights and still worrying about the fish keeping a consistent temp and the live plants. I'm freaking out just thinking about it.

If they came up with a random excuse that made little sense... I can see, but if they're in the middle of moving? Things get lost all the time.
No, I mean he said it got lost during the flight.
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 02:10 AM   #5904 
ravenwinds

And with mine: he said "i forgot I put him on auction and instead moved him to my new home. So there is nothing I can do, really."
The problem I have is: fish wasn't lost, dead, or sick....just at his new place (and believe me I know how hard it is to move and what can happen: try a house fire day after moving van drops off our stuff!)...he knows exactly where this fish is, so he says, but he can't ship to my transhipper? What's he gonna do now, if he is still breeding? There Are Cargo Planes from Singapore to! Emmy Golf is in Singapore as well as other breeders, so if he still has fish, he could send to my transhipper!

Sorry, bit of a rant (shrugs).

Riverotter: loved your story! Especially the part about owning (or being owned by) housecat longer than the kids! LMAO...
ravenwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 02:22 AM   #5905 
Riverotter

;) I have to laugh at the thought of moving - it keeps me from curling into the fetal position and rocking back and forth at the very mention of the word.

Having moved long distances pretty often ... When I heard the story the first time, the image that popped into my head was seller's brother-in-law standing by all the many, many bottles of fish saying "Hey, uh, I know I said I'd help you pack, but ... do you really need to take all the fish? How 'bout I just kinda turn these loose and you can just buy new ones there..."
Or even better, having that conversation over the phone; whoever helping on that end just seeing the poor guy turn white, drop the phone, fall over and need to breath into a paper bag for a minute.

If you've ever moved a long distance (I've gone across the country 3 times <sob> ) ideally, it goes the most smoothly if you yourself make the trip several times, and shuttle things back and forth and so on. So he might have been on the other end, with the fish a thousand miles away and nothing he can do.

I have HUGE sympathy for anyone who's done a long distance move.

Last edited by Riverotter; 06-09-2013 at 02:32 AM.
Riverotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:59 AM   #5906 
Senshine

So basically they guy agreed to switch bettas for a different male but I have to "sought it out" with the seller I am going to pay him for mr bumble bee (the one I wanted) and I'm paying for half of the other guy. How do I go about paying for the half of the other guy? Since he said I have to deal with the seller, do I pay for him to Mr. Majcha then get the guy to send me half?
Senshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:02 AM   #5907 
Deanna01

Senshine, I assume you'd pay Mr. Majcha for half of the other guy, and tell him that's what you're doing, then leave him to pay the other half.

Someone go buy this cutie-pie girl, so that I don't. I do not have space (yet). I do not have space (yet)....

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...hmp&1370939687
Deanna01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:13 AM   #5908 
Senshine

Oh right, duh! I hadn't thought of that haha.
That girl is soo adorable! You should get her, by the time she gets to you I'm sure you'll have made space
Senshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:34 AM   #5909 
Hadoken Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senshine View Post
Oh right, duh! I hadn't thought of that haha.
That girl is soo adorable! You should get her, by the time she gets to you I'm sure you'll have made space
I can only complain so much, though. The deal the other seller gave me was outstanding: "pick any of my current fish for sale and take the amount you paid for the other fish you paid, and get $5.00 off the next one as well."

The original fish I bought was $25.00. I got the new $30.00 fish for $0.00 using that deal.
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 02:31 PM   #5910 
ravenwinds

Senshine: Mr. Majcha should be able to understand, let him know what's going on and tell him thatYOU are getting "mr bumblebee" ....I would even write down the incredibly long auction # so Mr. Majcha will know exactly which fish goes to you!
Because it would really suck if the other guy tells Mr Majcha to send him "bumblebee"and the other fish. But majcha is smart and he'll understand what betta goes where if you tell him about the deal you made with the other guy :)
ravenwinds is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquabid, beautiful fish, fishy_fishy, i need more money, i need to win the lottery, why do i do this