Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-21-2011, 01:32 PM   #591 
Tisia

I meant the guy's artwork pic :p didn't even see the pic you posted till after my post. and I think my monitor's are like 24" and 22" so they're plenty big, lol
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 01:53 PM   #592 
copperarabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisia View Post
I meant the guy's artwork pic :p didn't even see the pic you posted till after my post. and I think my monitor's are like 24" and 22" so they're plenty big, lol
Oh I know! That guys pic was so huge O.O My monitor is 24" too, I can't imagine how much it would suck looking at the imagine on an even smaller screen. I right clicked and went to view imagine so it's the size of your screen, and theirs a little magnifying glass so you can see it full sized as well.
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 01:53 PM   #593 
PewPewPew

Quote:
Originally Posted by copperarabian View Post
Everyone needs bigger computer monitors lol, Just kidding.
Yeah, sorry for the size. I don't like when the picture's are all together like that in one image. I wouldn't of posted him if I was a little baffled by how expensive he is.

Usually, if thats an issue, you can right click on a photo and "copy image source", then shove it into the url bar... And get the original, unaltered form:

http://www.aquabid.com/uploads/fwbettashm1309224004.jpg

Theyre def. pretty, but I first saw that weeks ago and was like...Um, no. XD

Ive also found a seller (a new one, who has never since posted) who had a fish Id already seen just online months prior...so I did that to the link, and found that it was from some random site, and he wasnt even selling the fish >_< Bagh!
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 02:01 PM   #594 
copperarabian

Quote:
Ive also found a seller (a new one, who has never since posted) who had a fish Id already seen just online months prior...so I did that to the link, and found that it was from some random site, and he wasnt even selling the fish >_< Bagh!
That's horrible, it must be hard for new sellers to get people to buy their fish because of things like that :(
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 02:12 PM   #595 
Nymmers

So, my Smilebetta's fish are acting funny they just lay their in the tank, they only time they want to move is when I put live food in there and when the lights are out >>.
Nymmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 02:14 PM   #596 
smellsfishie

my ninebettas fish have parasites... yay!
smellsfishie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 02:39 PM   #597 
PitGurl

@ smellsfishie- Like worms? I'd email ninebettas and let him know. I wonder if thats why his fish haven't been acting right.
PitGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 02:52 PM   #598 
smellsfishie

I haven't seen any worms but the one male I have in a critter keeper has NO visible poo... it's coming out clear, but that is rare to see too. And there are white cloudy tufts that look like dust bunnies accumulating in his tub which 2 members told me could be him sloughing off his slime coat. On top of that, this morning his fins appear pink toned which I assume is from irritation....... the other 2 are "better" than him but all 3 are skinny, and my one other one has a bit of the pink tail too and is pretty weak/sluggish... and also has not come into full color yet (he is black in the photo, came with NO black whatsoever, and gained some black but still is pretty dull/grizzled grey in the black areas).
Old 06-21-2011, 05:46 PM   #599 
nowzem

@ Steph....my fish shed their slime coat when stressed (that's the cloudy stringy stuff) and when their water is too cold. My shipped fish (2 of them) also had pink/red in their fins due to shipping damage. It cleared right up after I put them in a cycled/properly heated tank (took maybe 3 days). The pink is blood (probably...one of mine has pink edges due to the water's minerals I think) and it should heal up if the water is heated... I also wouldn't use salt...I find it tends to make them shed their slime like mad.
nowzem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 05:54 PM   #600 
smellsfishie

Well, one is in a kritter keeper that is 74 degrees, and he has shed slime coat like mad and is all pink and has NO poo... or else it is clear and so cannot be seen... the other 2 are a little better, actually the yellow seems fine just skinny. The blue/black one I got is listless and has pink fins, and neither of them eat pellets >:{ but will eat worms and brine shrimp, and they are in a tank that is 78 degrees. I don't have a good way to QT and heat the guy in the kritter keeper so unfortunately, he has to be in a less warm tank, but he is active and eats fine. They are just all SO skinny! Are yours skinny? And seem like they don't have a whole lot of strength, except the yellow who like i said, is better...

Tags
aquabid, beautiful fish, fishy_fishy, i need more money, i need to win the lottery, why do i do this