Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-12-2013, 10:38 AM   #6021 
wah543

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deanna01 View Post
For those who love Courtland (the male in my profile pic), this guy looks remarkably like him now that Courtland has marbled in.

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...shm&1371221404

Oh wow I wish I had money right now he's awesome looking
wah543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 01:02 PM   #6022 
wah543

Realistically, if I was looking to buy this betta, about how much would I spend all together with all the shipping and everything
Old 06-12-2013, 01:10 PM   #6023 
Deanna01

This page by Jennifer Viveiros explains the transshipping fees. Basically, the first fish really costs, but adding fish on spreads out the cost. So you may as well order more.

But you'd pay the auction winning bid, plus $5 to get it to the States, and then (according to Jen's costs) either $43 for Express (which I recommend, since it's the one that's guaranteed) or $27 for Priority. Each additional betta doesn't add that much, though, as you can see from the summary at the bottom.
Deanna01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 01:20 PM   #6024 
Viva

Thanks for asking that and thanks for answering Deanna, hehe. I'm thinking on buying 4 - 5 females for a sorority tank. Should I get them all from the same breeder or is it relatively easy to order them from different breeders? I'm thinking the same breeder will make the shipping a lot easier so all the bettas are sent at the same time so the transhipper doesn't need to ship to me more than once? I really have no idea on how to go about ordering fish in other countries...do I need to contact the transhipper at all or do I tell the breeder which transhipper I want to use and they will let them know my contact info?
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 01:23 PM   #6025 
Deanna01

You can actually order from different breeders as long as you tell them which transshipper you want, and as long as you place all your orders before (I'm not sure how long before, but I'm assuming at least a few days) the transshipper's next shipping date. All the breeders ship to that particular transshipper on that same date. I actually didn't realize that when I bought the girls for my sorority, or I would have ordered a few others. Now that I know, though, I am set for when I set up my larger tank. :)
Old 06-12-2013, 01:32 PM   #6026 
wah543

Quote:
This page by Jennifer Viveiros explains the transshipping fees. Basically, the first fish really costs, but adding fish on spreads out the cost. So you may as well order more.

But you'd pay the auction winning bid, plus $5 to get it to the States, and then (according to Jen's costs) either $43 for Express (which I recommend, since it's the one that's guaranteed) or $27 for Priority. Each additional betta doesn't add that much, though, as you can see from the summary at the bottom.
Oh god that's a lot don't think I'll be able to afford that now, thanks for the link anyways in case I need reference in the future
Old 06-12-2013, 01:52 PM   #6027 
Viva

Quote:
You can actually order from different breeders as long as you tell them which transshipper you want, and as long as you place all your orders before (I'm not sure how long before, but I'm assuming at least a few days) the transshipper's next shipping date. All the breeders ship to that particular transshipper on that same date. I actually didn't realize that when I bought the girls for my sorority, or I would have ordered a few others. Now that I know, though, I am set for when I set up my larger tank. :)

Ohh I see, great thanks. Do they let the transhipper know where to ship and how to contact me? Or do I tell the transhipper myself?
Old 06-12-2013, 02:07 PM   #6028 
Deanna01

You get in touch with the transshipper and tell them (and pay them separately) yourself.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:13 PM   #6029 
Viva

Ok sounds good. So how do they know which fish I am ordering? I assume they get that from the breeder or how else would they know which fish to send to whom? Sorry for all the questions...although I blame the people on this thread for posting so many beautiful female fishies lol! I am getting so excited for this sorority project :D
Old 06-12-2013, 02:25 PM   #6030 
Deanna01

The Thai seller will tell them who bought which fish, but you should keep track and also communicate the auction info to the transshipper just to be on the safe side.

Tags
aquabid, beautiful fish, fishy_fishy, i need more money, i need to win the lottery, why do i do this