Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-22-2011, 02:59 PM   #611 
smellsfishie

Darkmoon- one is in a kritter keeper (maintains ~74 degrees), the other 2 are in a divided, heated tank with a filter. (~78 degrees)
smellsfishie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 08:10 PM   #612 
nowzem

Mine are doing really well now..not skinny...and started eating pellets on about the fourth day (although the orange guy has a hard time getting them in his mouth for some reason)... They chewed their fins in transit (2 of them..fn halfmoons!) and they were bloody and listless for a few days. I got fed up with their QT so plopped them into their tanks and they've been active and no more bloody fins since. I wonder if the pink fins could be a difference in water chemistries since we all had some pink finnage? Weird... :)
My females were absolutely stressed and didn't act normal until I put them in the sorority...now they are swimming and eating normally.

I dunno what's up with him not pooing... is he still shedding? Maybe you could try a heating pad or something for him.... and make sure he has lots of hiding spots? I hope its NOT parasites. I'm waiting for the fin rot to set in due to their idiot biting... :)
nowzem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 10:14 PM   #613 
smellsfishie

Yeah my yellow and my marble dragon will not eat pellets whatsoever... they only eat the frozen food (bloodworms and brine shrimp, so far). The spotty guy eats pellets though. There isn't any white cloudy tufts anymore (since abt yesterday or day b4) now there are light brown cloudy tufts. I don't know if its poo or what... it doesn't look like normal poo. Anyway since I started the med yesterday, the 2 who seemed sick are actually doing much better. The spotty guy ("pencil") is very active- but still pink. The marble dragon actually flared today for the first time (full on flare) and I got to see his amazing spread. He is so gorgeous! He is still weak/skinny but he definitely had more energy today. The yellow one is the same- he has never acted sick but I'm treating him too since he shares a divided tank with the marble dragon. Long winded, sorry. Anyway i.'m just going to finish the course of the medication, feed them a ton to fatten them up, and then do a bunch of water changes (after the med) and see how they do. I think they will be ok. :P

Glad to hear yours are doing better. Yeah my yellow guy seemed to chew a bit too :/ but the other 2 didn't. The yellow one is so angelic looking. I think he will be the 1st one I breed because of 1. His already chewed tail, 2. He's adorable 3. He matches eggie. :D
Old 06-22-2011, 10:17 PM   #614 
PinkBetta264

OMG So Want!!

I'm fairly new to the betta's and have been silently surfing, I have a new 20g set up and lookin to buy a nice breeding male. I have been looking thru AB and have found several that have caught my attention...but I thought I'd ask your opinions on this one...a wee bit pricey but I want him!

what do you all think of him??
PinkBetta264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 11:25 PM   #615 
copperarabian

that male is amazing, I love the thick black tips of his fins :D
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 12:12 AM   #616 
Nymmers

So, my two bettas are confusing, my koi is as active as my first HM bettas, but my red copper marble dragon, and my blue dragon do nothing. The first day they flared at their reflection all day. And the only thing they want to eat is mosquito larvae and the occasional bloodworm. And they're just laying there. Going up for air when they need it, I'm starting to get worried. Dx But my koi male is fine and they were all in the same divided tank, but the other two are from the same breeder. -puffs-

Well, no other bids so far, but I'm seeing some females I like on AB, and I really like salamander, I've just been drawn to it lately..

Nymmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 05:55 AM   #617 
smellsfishie

I like the salamanders too. I want a salamander female. :D Sorry about your 2 fishies... are they the ones from smilebetta? Thats kinda like how mine are acting too... well, the blue marble dragon, i should say, only swims for air or food- otherwise hangs out on the bottom of the tank or in his betta log. The yellow guy is fine, swims a little bit, rests a little bit. The spotty guy is seemingly GREAT now! lol... swimming like crazy in his k.k. This was the one who was supposed to be "sick"! Now he's better than the other one. :/ blarg.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:22 AM   #618 
Nymmers

Its stressful. I feel like I'ma come home and they won't be going up for air. Other than no pellets they eat healthy or have a good appetite I suppose?
Nymmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 10:56 AM   #619 
xMandy

Just saw this gal..
have been looking around for a female to go with my male. She looks JUST like him, came at a time when I'm ready to purchase more fish.. and has fins that will help his out. Oh man - I must I must!!
Attached Images

xMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 01:21 PM   #620 
smellsfishie

Nymmers, I'm sorry I know how you feel. Emotionally I am ok if they were to pass (it would be sad but I would be fine) but considering the amount of money I spent on them, I would be ticked if they did die. Not to sound selfish or like I don't care about them, because I do, but seriously... they were too expensive to have any problems. :/ irks me a little. But because I have maxed out and am working on my 3 new problem children, I haven't been on ab in awhile, so thats good. :)

Tags
aquabid, beautiful fish, fishy_fishy, i need more money, i need to win the lottery, why do i do this