Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-24-2013, 01:32 PM   #6351 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catw0man View Post
LOL...well, it would be lovely to meet you in person! I wish I could invite you to stay overnight in my home, but I'm currently living with my mom (and my daughters, of course) and I don't have room. But, I can see us meeting up in, say, Niagara Falls or something.....that would be closer for you than coming all the way to Toronto and I could bring my daughters and make an outing of it (they've never seen the falls). It's all very possible!
Oh my gosh! I haven't been to Niagara Falls since I was a kid! That would be an amazing trip I think for sure! Okay, planning starts now, maybe I can bring my brother with me or something, it would be a neat little trip for the two of us, we need some bonding time anyway
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:41 PM   #6352 
Catw0man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senshine View Post
Have you got an estimated of how much?
But if you could that would be awesome!
Well, as I found out last week shipping the 4 fish to Kateee......it's hard to predict (unless I know exactly the size box I'm going to be able to use....but it's hard to know that until the fish are packed up). I was just going by weight in estimating.....but apparently, the dimensions of the box are factored in as well. I predicted $54 for Kateee, but it ended up being $84.84......for 4 fish. Not trying to scare you...lol....but I think it'll be a lot more than we previously thought.

Here's the FedEx rate finder: https://www.fedex.com/ratefinder/sta...ackageInfoPage

I'll PM you my address and you can try it out for yourself. Each fish bag weighs about 1/4 of a pound.
Catw0man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:43 PM   #6353 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

What if you filled up the bags a lot less? It would decrease weight a LOT, and if it's overnight they would be fine.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:49 PM   #6354 
Catw0man

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsBettas View Post
What if you filled up the bags a lot less? It would decrease weight a LOT, and if it's overnight they would be fine.
Yes, indeed....that is very true. But, as I found out with Kateee's shipment (which was supposed to be delivered Saturday in Calgary), things sometimes go awry....like FedEx didn't process the package as a Saturday delivery and then couldn't correct that mistake because the flooding there made it impossible to get the fish there sooner. She's just picked the fish up today....and I haven't yet heard if the fish even survived. Let's just say I'm very glad I did package them in the amount of water I did, because it would certainly increase their odds of surviving.

Of course, the odds of the same thing happening are slim....lol....but it's been a very stressful experience for both Kateee and I.....we've both been on the phone with just about every FedEx agent there is trying to get things fixed and in the end, we just had to suck it up and wait.
Old 06-24-2013, 01:53 PM   #6355 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Yea, I guess. But it would save a ton of money and the odds of anything like that happening again are really small.

I was talking to logisticsguy when I met him in person, and he said that some of the fish that come in are shipped it tiny little bags... From Thailand.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 02:00 PM   #6356 
Catw0man

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsBettas View Post
Yea, I guess. But it would save a ton of money and the odds of anything like that happening again are really small.

I was talking to logisticsguy when I met him in person, and he said that some of the fish that come in are shipped it tiny little bags... From Thailand.
Oh, I've seen the tiny little bags they get shipped in to pet stores like Big Al's!!! Then they keep a box of them under the counter....just opening them up as fish sell....until then, they're in those little bags. So, yeah, I know it happens all the time....but, the fish I've bought on Aquabid all come in at least 1/4 lb of water (and even then, some have arrived dead and others have destroyed their tails). I guess if you've paid at least $20 for a fish, the breeders give them the deluxe accommodations for the trip to Canada. Anyway, when I packaged Kateee's fish, I put them in about the same amount of water as the ones I receive from Thai breeders.....even though they were supposed to be delivered overnight.

And, yes, the odds are very small that something like that would happen again.....so I can certainly pack yours in less water than that if you want!
Old 06-24-2013, 02:27 PM   #6357 
Fenghuang

I thought less water is better for traveling long distances.

This guy's colours really popped out to me.

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...hmp&1372562059
Fenghuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 02:46 PM   #6358 
crowntaillove3

He is sooo pretty, Feng.
crowntaillove3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 02:58 PM   #6359 
loveDelphine21

Just won these 2 beauties:

Very excited, but Im confused about how I'm supposed to pay. I emailed both sellers and asked what my total was, is that okay? Or was I supposed to do something else?
loveDelphine21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 03:08 PM   #6360 
Senshine

All the sellers have emailed me with the total without me asking :)
Senshine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquabid, beautiful fish, fishy_fishy, i need more money, i need to win the lottery, why do i do this