Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-20-2013, 07:23 AM   #6681 
Deanna01

I was admiring that fish today, StarChild! (I'm not going to buy him, though--I'm at my limit.) He has a bit of every single color, though!

I showed him to a non-fish-obsessed friend of mine, and he said, "OMG, it looks like a kid drank packages of every color of Kool-Aid and then puked them up!' :)
Deanna01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 07:34 AM   #6682 
Catw0man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenghuang View Post
Thank you for offering. :') He is beautiful, but I couldn't ask that of you... Are you sure?
Of course I'm sure! :) I'd have to ask Lilnaugrim if she'd be willing to ship him to you, but I think she'd be able to! PM me and we can discuss it further if you'd like!
Catw0man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 07:49 AM   #6683 
Deanna01

Catw0man, have you guys made sure that Lil will be able to bring them into the US legally? It would just suck all around for her to drive up there and then have them seized at the border, and from what I understand you're still considered to be an importer and need a license, even if you bring in captive-bred fish.
Old 07-20-2013, 08:01 AM   #6684 
Deanna01

Graceful, I don't think you'll be able to tell how the fish will react to tankmates until he's actually in with them. I had a betta that I definitely would have described as docile...until I put him in with tetras. He killed (and ate) seven of them in two days. It's just always a risk with bettas till you see how your particular one is going to react.
Old 07-20-2013, 08:30 AM   #6685 
Catw0man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deanna01 View Post
Catw0man, have you guys made sure that Lil will be able to bring them into the US legally? It would just suck all around for her to drive up there and then have them seized at the border, and from what I understand you're still considered to be an importer and need a license, even if you bring in captive-bred fish.
That is a concern, Deanna, but Lil has researched it extensively and it seems from what she's found out that she probably can bring in fish that are non-native to the U.S., but may have to pay standard import fees at the border. I don't know all the details, I'm afraid.
Old 07-20-2013, 08:32 AM   #6686 
Deanna01

Oh, if she has researched it, I'm sure she has it figured out, then. :)
Old 07-20-2013, 08:37 AM   #6687 
Deanna01

Okay. This is not a fish. But it is a fantastic deal. Do you know HOW MANY betta girls you could have in a sorority this size?? *swoon*

It's not that far from me....

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...101&1374501002
Old 07-20-2013, 09:24 AM   #6688 
Catw0man

Quote:
Okay. This is not a fish. But it is a fantastic deal. Do you know HOW MANY betta girls you could have in a sorority this size?? *swoon*

Wowsa!!!! You should totally buy it!!!!!!!!!! Imagine the number of females you could fit in there!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-20-2013, 10:21 AM   #6689 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Oh hey! I see y'all been talking about me! lol Sorry I've been absent, had a busy day trying to keep my dad calm....my grandfather basically told us to move out...complicated story, ANYWAY!

Yes, I did do plenty of research and mostly their main concerns are if the fish are healthy and if they are native or not. Many times they won't let koi or goldfish over because there's apprently diseases from Canada and since the fish could live outdoors here, they won't let them in. But since Betta's really can't survive in our water's, it's fine.

But it depends on the border patrol and what mood they're in that day if they want to search my car or not :-/ but so far it seems people have had good luck bringing them across and hey, if I have to pay inspection fees for them then I will!

And yes Feng, I can totally ship him to you! I've still got some lovely insulated boxes laying around that would be very handy!

So anyway, only reason I haven't gone up there yet is because my dad has forbid me to drive my truck anywhere outside two hours because it's an old truck. Honestly I trust that truck more than most other vehicles but I guess that could be a stupid move too lol. So I need to find someone who's 25 at least with their passport and can drive with me over the border! So I'm on the hunt right now!
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 10:40 AM   #6690 
Fenghuang

How many fish are you guys transporting? Would they really still charge her for a few nonendangered domesticated fish?

@Catwoman: I definitely will. I work today, but I will PM you later. Thank you so much, and you too, lilnaugrim.

I hope everything would be alright for your family too, lilnaugrim. That sounds tough. /:

Quote:

That seems rather expensive, even for a tank that size....

Last edited by Fenghuang; 07-20-2013 at 10:50 AM.
Fenghuang is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquabid, beautiful fish, fishy_fishy, i need more money, i need to win the lottery, why do i do this