Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-04-2013, 02:50 PM   #7271 
helms97

Im SO excited! i made my first online fish purchase! i ordered two mustard gas females and one platinum female. heres the link ! http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...shm&1378342014

I also LOVE this girl. http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...shm&1378585519
helms97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 03:35 PM   #7272 
FishyFishy89

Needless to say, I am adding TMT to my list of breeders I'll never purchase from. The next fish he sells may seem perfectly healthy, but who's to say was defective fish he's been cross breeding with? Such careless breeding that shouldn't be supported.
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 03:38 PM   #7273 
Saber

^ +100000
Saber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 03:44 PM   #7274 
Catw0man

Quote:
Originally Posted by helms97 View Post
Im SO excited! i made my first online fish purchase! i ordered two mustard gas females and one platinum female. heres the link ! http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...shm&1378342014

I also LOVE this girl. http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...shm&1378585519
That girl by Chard is AWESOME!!!!! Please buy her then drive up to Canada to give her to me....lol

I too will be avoiding TMTbetta now....I've bought a couple of fish from them in the past, but won't again. It's crazy to market that fish! And at a much higher price! I've had a couple of bettas develop growths like that (just not in that precise location)...and they are still alive and well....but I wouldn't try selling them to anyone!
Catw0man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:11 PM   #7275 
litelboyblu

AGREED!
i was thinking about bidding on that dt girl from chard from the beggining but i dont want a bidding war to deal with -__-
litelboyblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:32 PM   #7276 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Honestly, I don't see the difference between that and rosetails, feather tails, X factors (referring her to the "pearl scale" fish a while ago on this thread then the ones that pop up occasionally), extremely short bodies, extremely long fins, etc. All are unnatural, potentially detrimental traits that are introduced to the line for looks, and looks only. I would consider breeding any one of those traits intentionally just as unethical and wrong as the fish with the growth.

Most of us don't consider how unethical Thai breeders really can/could be... And we don't know, and will never know, what happens behind the scenes... Mass culls and hormone dosing comes to mind.
MattsBettas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:38 PM   #7277 
LittleBettaFish

Also, you have to remember that in these countries, breeding bettas may be their main/only source of income.

If the fish is culled, the breeder loses all the time and resources that they invested in it.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:55 PM   #7278 
FishyFishy89

culling I can understand. But exploiting the fish and calling it a "flowerhorn" like it's a new strand is beyond my threshold.
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 06:05 PM   #7279 
LittleBettaFish

Well I hate apache tails and rosetail bettas because I wonder how many fish were culled to create that one sellable fish. However, if you look on here they are quite popular.

Is it right to support a breeder like Aquastar71, who seems to produce a number of 'extreme' fish I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole? Is it because those deformities are more aesthetically pleasing that they are not seen in such a bad light?

It's a shame that fish from TMT developed a growth like that. It is very beautiful otherwise and looks healthier than some of the bettas I see in pet homes on this forum.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 06:17 PM   #7280 
RainbowsHaven

The sad thing about that "Flowerhorn" is that it's actually a BEAUTIFUL fish! I love that scaling and it's just so pretty... :(
RainbowsHaven is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquabid, beautiful fish, fishy_fishy, i need more money, i need to win the lottery, why do i do this