Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-12-2013, 05:35 PM   #7341 
LittleBettaFish

You would probably have to contact someone like Hermanus in Indonesia and have him send to the Canadian transhipper.

Only trouble is from what you've said, the postal system in Canada seems rather slow/not very good?
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 05:45 PM   #7342 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Uh, our main postal system is Canada post, and they are awful. I've lost count of the things the've killed for me and some breeder friends. I received a package from a breeder in a city three hours away, and, after I realized that it wasn't coming to the door like it should have, I ran to our mailbox in the middle of the night to find the package folded and stuffed into the box, bursting a bag, which killed one fish, and deactivating the heat pack which killed the other five. I'm still pissed about it, and the fish weren't even for me. Anyways, we can use FedEx or a different company, but they are more difficult.

That and our transhipper runs his little monopoly and charges 5x what Americans pay.

Anyways, rant over, but yea, it is hard and pricy to get wilds here. Splendens aren't as difficult because most breeders ship to Canada, but I would have to look one that would ship in, say, albimarginata.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 05:49 PM   #7343 
LittleBettaFish

Yeah it's pricey here to import fish too due to very tight quarantine restrictions and only one transhipper. I laugh at the $5 per fish Americans have to pay. God our import fee is like four times that.

Sucks your postal service is so bad. Our postal lady is really efficient and knows me and mum by our first names now as we order so much online haha
Old 09-12-2013, 06:02 PM   #7344 
cowboy

My lfs always orders their bettas from Thailand, Indonesia etc. I was thinking of asking them one day to get me one (way in the future) but I didn't realize they are hard to come by in Canada. Thanks Matt and littlebettafish
cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 06:03 PM   #7345 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

They probably could put in a special order, but you would pay a lot for it.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 06:05 PM   #7346 
LittleBettaFish

Most of my wild pairs are around the $100 mark. It's why I used to cry when I found one dead on the floor.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:14 PM   #7347 
cowboy

Here's the other one I really like but not as much as the pink one. He's a peacock something or other. Littlebettafish? How come your "scrappy" wasn't as brightly coloured as the one in the picture?
Attached Images

Old 09-12-2013, 10:21 PM   #7348 
LittleBettaFish

Different lighting and the mood of the fish can change how it appears. Often the best colours on wilds are seen when they are sparring or spawning.

That photo looks like a pretty poor quality Betta imbellis in stress colouration. Pure imbellis in display are absolutely stunning.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:33 PM   #7349 
cowboy

Shows you how much I know lol I'm learning.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:39 PM   #7350 
cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsBettas View Post
Uh, our main postal system is Canada post, and they are awful. I've lost count of the things the've killed for me and some breeder friends. I received a package from a breeder in a city three hours away, and, after I realized that it wasn't coming to the door like it should have, I ran to our mailbox in the middle of the night to find the package folded and stuffed into the box, bursting a bag, which killed one fish, and deactivating the heat pack which killed the other five. I'm still pissed about it, and the fish weren't even for me. Anyways, we can use FedEx or a different company, but they are more difficult.

That and our transhipper runs his little monopoly and charges 5x what Americans pay.

Anyways, rant over, but yea, it is hard and pricy to get wilds here. Splendens aren't as difficult because most breeders ship to Canada, but I would have to look one that would ship in, say, albimarginata.

Terrible Matt sorry to hear it. Canada post yeah I better not start...

Tags
aquabid, beautiful fish, fishy_fishy, i need more money, i need to win the lottery, why do i do this