Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-16-2013, 08:27 PM   #7391 
JayM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catw0man View Post
OMG!!! Look at this female crowntail!!! She already has one bid, but I'm very tempted to start a bidding war!

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...sct&1379421615
She is stunning.
JayM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 09:20 PM   #7392 
AGUILAR3

Wow, these are all beautiful fish.

btw, are some of you actually paying $35-45 shipping and keeping them as pets?...(as apposed to breeding them)

There was a nice white HM a few weeks ago that I was eyeing with a $45 Buy-It-Now price tag. The thought of paying $40 to the transhipper on top of $50 for the fish (Betta+$5 shipping) scared the sh@t out of me. Ive heard a few horror stories about fish arriving with half eaten tails (self inflicted due to stress)
AGUILAR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 09:24 PM   #7393 
Catw0man

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGUILAR3 View Post
Wow, these are all beautiful fish.

btw, are some of you actually paying $35-45 shipping and keeping them as pets?...(as apposed to breeding them)

There was a nice white HM a few weeks ago that I was eyeing with a $45 Buy-It-Now price tag. The thought of paying $40 to the transhipper on top of $50 for the fish (Betta+$5 shipping) scared the sh@t out of me. Ive heard a few horror stories about fish arriving with half eaten tails (self inflicted due to stress)
Ummm....yup, I'm totally guilty of buying expensive Aquabid fish just to add to my collection and not breeding them at all. It is rather costly...lol....especially since our only Canadian transhipper charges $10 per fish. But at least I can save on shipping by picking the fish up myself since I'm close enough to the transhipper to do that.

And, yes....sadly the half-eaten tails do happen fairly frequently. :(
Catw0man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:19 PM   #7394 
Saber

I am also guilty of it - My birthday is coming up soon so I spoiled myself by purchasing two males for the first time off of AB. (Originally it was just one male, buuuut the betta bug got me.)

I won't be breeding them, they will just be expensive and very spoiled pets. Then again, when I look at the prices for some of the salt water reef fish in pet stores, paying $30-$50 for a betta doesn't seem so bad after all.

EDIT: I have a quick question for you more experienced Aquabidders and I figured I don't need to make a whole new thread...

Regarding my two fish, I've heard from the seller, who has told me she will ship to the transshipper closest to me. However, I've sent two emails to my transshipper over the past five days inquiring about ship dates and total cost, and I have yet to hear back from them. I'm not sure what to do in this situation and I was hoping to get a bit of advice.

Last edited by Saber; 09-16-2013 at 10:31 PM.
Saber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:23 PM   #7395 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

I still think Catw0man should breed... Lol
MattsBettas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:26 AM   #7396 
tilli94

+1 mattsbettas, I was looking back through the closed auctions to track down my own bettas and I couldn't help but drool over a few that I'd seen she'd won.
tilli94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:36 AM   #7397 
AGUILAR3

Quote:
Currently over 100 males and females (mostly from Aquabid)
Holy @&$# catwoman, I just noticed your sig. 100+ Bettas (mostly AB) purchases? Where do you keep all these fine specimens? Picture of your fish room?
AGUILAR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:05 AM   #7398 
tilli94

Yes please pictures! I just stalked your albums and I haven't had my complete fix yet. More pictures!!!
tilli94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:46 AM   #7399 
Saber

Agreed!!!
Saber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:57 AM   #7400 
Catw0man

LOL....I guess I do need to update my picture albums....that 100 picture limit makes it difficult for me!

@Saber: who is your transhipper and when is the ship date? Sometimes they have a phone number as well as email. Hopefully you will get a response soon....sometimes it does take more than one message, unfortunately. Rest assured, the transhipper will definitely contact you when your fish arrive! All your contact info will be on the label of each fish.
Catw0man is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquabid, beautiful fish, fishy_fishy, i need more money, i need to win the lottery, why do i do this