Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-18-2013, 11:04 PM   #7431 
peachii

Quote:
Originally Posted by logisticsguy View Post
Thanks for the input Matt. I like him a lot so Ive put in a bid. He does have slightly excessive rays but a nice match for my girls in many ways. Not sure what the ray count is for my girls lol I should pay more attention. Lucky giant boy if I get him as he will be put to work shortly after he gets here
He's beautiful, look forward to seeing the spawn from that.
peachii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:07 PM   #7432 
WhitneyLin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catw0man View Post
You've come to the right place! lol....I've bought from darn near every breeder on Aquabid it seems like. My all-time favorite seller is 3dbettas....he's got some really gorgeous and sometimes quite unusual males and females up for auction. I've bought many, many fish from him and he's always been amazingly friendly and customer service oriented. My avatar fish is one of the first fish I bought from him and he's still going strong 8 months later.

Other breeders I have bought from include Phusit, FarmFish66, Patsayawan, Chaba, Aquastar71, Banleangbettas, Taebetta, TTbetta, Elegantbettas, Greatbetta.

Lol! You have a lot of fish. I drooled over your albums. I've seen some of 3dbettas fish. They were all really beautiful. Im a little worried about shipping long distances. Especially since its so cold here if I get a new fish for christmas.

Has anybody ever bought from Jimxiong5749? They are actually in the same state and i've liked a couple of the bettas they have sold.
WhitneyLin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:12 PM   #7433 
tilli94

Quote:
Originally Posted by logisticsguy View Post
Im looking for a giant boy. What do you folks think of this guy?

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...shm&1379577002
I really like the color of that boy! Then again when have I ever seen a betta I didn't like lol. He also has some lipstick and I love that
tilli94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:18 PM   #7434 
tilli94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deanna01 View Post
Okay. This is hands-down the creepiest betta I have ever seen. Can someone tell me what on earth is up with him? http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...sct&1379866135
He is creepy but hes wierdly interesting, one of those "so ugly it's cute" fish. I've never heard the term "balloon" fish but I saw another one on another website. I wonder how they're bred?
http://www.bettas-jimsonnier.com/genetics6.htm
Name:  image.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  49.6 KB
Old 09-19-2013, 12:07 AM   #7435 
JustinieBeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilli94 View Post
He is creepy but hes wierdly interesting, one of those "so ugly it's cute" fish. I've never heard the term "balloon" fish but I saw another one on another website. I wonder how they're bred?
I totally agree, I think he's interesting looking, as is the one in the pic you posted. If the photo was at a better angle and of a better quality maybe he'd look better...or worse lol!
I had heard the term before, but I'm not sure what it's referring to- bettas with "balloon" bodies, or bettas like the pic you posted that are crowntail types with excessive finnage between the rays of the tail, creating webbing sacks that look like little "ballooned" areas?

Last edited by JustinieBeanie; 09-19-2013 at 12:10 AM.
JustinieBeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:18 AM   #7436 
tilli94

HHHHMM. So it wouldn't be good to breed them, right? You'd just breed a male with excessive rays to a female with excessive rays? How are bettas with excessive rays bred? What the maximum amount of rays a CT can have
Old 09-19-2013, 12:48 AM   #7437 
Catw0man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Endless amounts of lovley fish on AB :D I reallyreally want some girls from there..but it's intimidating and i'm nervous eee @.@
Yay! Another Canadian! I was terrified the first time I bought some Aquabid fishies....the whole process seemed so complicated! But it's really pretty easy once you get that first purchase under your belt....and we can talk you through it, of course!

@ WhitneyLin: I haven't bought from Jimxiong5749 simply because he ships only within the U.S., but check out the feedback in Aquabid and see what buyers have said. I don't know if he's a breeder or just reselling fish he imported in bulk from Thailand or wherever.
Catw0man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:01 AM   #7438 
Hadoken Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilli94 View Post
http://www.bettas-jimsonnier.com/genetics6.htm
Attachment 210682
reminds me of a HM and CT breed...but not hat far into it...not sure how correct I am, though. (:
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:05 AM   #7439 
tilli94

I think that would make him a halfsun then right? Then you'd breed a hm with excessive rays to a ct with excessive rays
Old 09-19-2013, 01:20 AM   #7440 
JayM

Our Sebastian looks similar to that, this is him:

His 'balloons' aren't quite as big & we've just bred him to our CT Dory, this girl:

Will be interesting to see how the tails turn out.

ETA. He is a Thailand import, not sure who from as we got him from a LFS.

Last edited by JayM; 09-19-2013 at 01:22 AM.
JayM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquabid, beautiful fish, fishy_fishy, i need more money, i need to win the lottery, why do i do this