Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-11-2013, 12:50 PM   #7711 
litelboyblu

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowflake311 View Post
The transhipper picks them up you pay them around $3 and then drive your fish home yourself if you live close. So there is a middle man but no extra shipping cost or stress.

I live 2 hours away from my transhipper but make a fun day out of getting my fish when I make the drive. My best friend lives near my transhipper so I visit her and get my fish it's a win win.
yup win win! i live 30 mins away though =d and like snowflake said you pay $3 like i did ! ^_^ but i dont get why ..?
litelboyblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 09:03 PM   #7712 
Noctiluca

So, 30 minutes until this auction ends. Think this guy would be good for a beginner breeder? It'd be great because he's practially local. (I infected my friend with the betta bug and want to get her a male. She loves red dragons, and I have a red DS HMPK I could lend her.)

Noctiluca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 09:28 PM   #7713 
Noctiluca

Ah what the heck, he's an [extremely early] birthday present!
Old 10-11-2013, 09:35 PM   #7714 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noctiluca View Post
So, 30 minutes until this auction ends. Think this guy would be good for a beginner breeder? It'd be great because he's practially local. (I infected my friend with the betta bug and want to get her a male. She loves red dragons, and I have a red DS HMPK I could lend her.)
Not sure if you know or just talking in general but that boy isn't a Dragon, just a plain solid red with some blue irid on him he's quite beautiful but I'm not sure if you mean to breed him with a DSHMPK or give her the DSHMPK and keep this boy for breeding?
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 09:41 PM   #7715 
Noctiluca

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
Not sure if you know or just talking in general but that boy isn't a Dragon, just a plain solid red with some blue irid on him he's quite beautiful but I'm not sure if you mean to breed him with a DSHMPK or give her the DSHMPK and keep this boy for breeding?
I plan to drag her in for the long haul! *evil laugh* I figure she can borrow my girl to cross with him. (see avater) He's a decent price and we won't find anything nicer locally. Him having some irid isn't a problem in this case.

If I remember anything, that cross should produce at least some long finned partial DSs, which can be crossed back on each other for some nice long finned red DS.

((....Right?))

ETA: I just re-read my prior post, and understand your comment/confusion better. Sorry my wording is so terrible! XD Apparently I shouldn't be up this late.

Last edited by Noctiluca; 10-11-2013 at 09:46 PM.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:49 PM   #7716 
Niece

I would name her Medusa.
Niece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 12:11 AM   #7717 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Red with blue irid is definitely not a colour any breeder wants to breed, especially when there are hundreds dying on shelves that someone could've bought instead.

Depending on how much he's going for, he may or may not be a good deal if you can just pick him up. If you're breeding for dragonscale irid isn't a huge issue, but ideally you would just start with two dragonscale parents.
MattsBettas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 02:08 AM   #7718 
SorcerersApprentice

Okay so can someone tell me how all of Banleang's bettas look so...shiny?

Example.

I mean, most of them are beautiful fish but it seems like almost every video the fish just look...really flashy - I don't really know how to explain it. The little voice in the back of my head is saying it's probably the camera/recorder he's using as well as lighting, but the other part is hoping the fish actually are that awesome. Can anyone who has purchased from him let me know? I haven't worked up to Aquabid yet but I think I'd probably get a pair from him if I ever decided to try breeding (or maybe Aquastar if I sold my firstborn, lol - but even his fish don't look as shiny as Banleang's!)
SorcerersApprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 09:38 AM   #7719 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SorcerersApprentice View Post
Okay so can someone tell me how all of Banleang's bettas look so...shiny?

Example.

I mean, most of them are beautiful fish but it seems like almost every video the fish just look...really flashy - I don't really know how to explain it. The little voice in the back of my head is saying it's probably the camera/recorder he's using as well as lighting, but the other part is hoping the fish actually are that awesome. Can anyone who has purchased from him let me know? I haven't worked up to Aquabid yet but I think I'd probably get a pair from him if I ever decided to try breeding (or maybe Aquastar if I sold my firstborn, lol - but even his fish don't look as shiny as Banleang's!)
It's the lighting! ^_^ but it's not something super ultra special. It's most likely just regular high rated kelvin fluorescent lights, I know my fishes iridescence comes out more depending on the lighting situation with 6,500K rated fluorescent's being better to see it with. It could have something to do with the camera as well but nothing looks very altered to me, they just have some really nice heavy irid going on is all
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 11:40 AM   #7720 
Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niece View Post

I would name her Medusa.
Oh wow! she would be perfect for my Mojo! 8D
Tree is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquabid, beautiful fish, fishy_fishy, i need more money, i need to win the lottery, why do i do this